Free Shred Event!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Concerned Person, May 15, 2014.

1. Concerned Person

Concerned Person Well-Known Member

Johnston County Register of Deeds, Craig Olive and sponsors will be hosting a free shred event. It will take place on Saturday, May 17th, from 10am-1pm, at the Edwards IGA parking lot at 721 N. Brightleaf Blvd., Smithfield, NC . If you have any questions, feel free to contact the office at (919) 989-5160. Please share this to your family and friends.

Here is the link for the flyer-- http://www.jcrod.org/rod2/pdf/shred.pdf

Thanks,
    Craig Olive
    Johnston County Register of Deeds

2. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

Thank you for posting this..I recently tried to find out when the next event was being held! This is a wonderful public service offered!

3. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

does anyone know if they will shread old computer floppy disks?

4. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I doubt most would know what a floppy disk is in today's world. Telling your age.....:mrgreen:

Sherry

5. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

It probably doesn't matter. Does anyone still have a drive that can read them? :lol:

6. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Most titanium blade shreders should take care of that, mine will, mine handles about 16 sheets of paper width and multiple credit cards.

They sure do, I know of one organization that still has those old 1" tape readers stored in temperature controlled conditions just in case. To think that as sleaze ball hacker bent on ill intent wouldn't have a 5 1/4 and 3 1/2 inch drive would be a mistake.

7. barney726

a friend of mine contacted craig olive and they will not shred floppy disks at this event

8. barney726

not so old here sherry. not as old as you. lol. just not a teckie and delayed not using them until i purchesed a new computer.

"The Sony Corporation, which created the 3.5 inch floppy disk in 1981, will cease production of the format next year 2011. That is when they will become obsolete. ."

9. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I didn't realize they were producing them until 2011, wow. I still have some too, and I really need to get rid of them. Not sure why I still have them, but since your post I know I need to destroy them.

Sherry