How to find out county sewr plans, short and long term?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Straitlover, May 16, 2014.

1. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

I noticed a subdivision not too awful far from me is noting on their sign that they have county sewer (near 42/Cornwallis intersection). Which county office or website would I be able to see maps of current sewer line locations (or ask if I call) and any future expansion plans? I looked on the Jo Co Solid Waste site and didn't see anything. The area i am concerned with is near Cleveland High School.

When I moved in my house in 1998, I just knew that county water or sewer would never make it all the way out there, which was fine with me (cheaper bills). Well, county water has, although my water is still AquaNC. I'm curious if anytime in the near future I will need to add a sewer bill to my budget, LOL.

Thanks!

2. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Johnston County GIS shows current water and sewer lines. LOL

3. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

My understanding about new sewer lines is that if you don't already have it, you won't get it. Unless you are on a main road and can tied into the sewer line (usually at your own cost). Otherwise they will not run new sewer lines into a subdivision even if the sewer line runs right past that subdivision. Not worth the money.

4. Grinder

The county generally does not run sewer lines themselves. They rely on developers to put in the lines and infrastructure and then the County credits the developer back a portion or most of the cost.

It is true though that if you are in Subdivision A and new Subdivision B is coming in next to you or down the road a little and the developer for B is running the cost of putting in sewer from the nearest pump station, that you will not be forced to tap into that new sewer in front of your Subdivision A. The infrastructure for A is not there to accept the sewer lines for the new B.

5. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

I looked at the County Map but I didn't see anything marked sewer or water lines (probably too dumb to pick them out), so I guess I will have to call the office and ask. Thanks for giving me the office name I should call!

6. Grinder

Its the County's GIS. You have to turn on the correct layer.