Spray

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, May 16, 2014.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know what the DOT sprays to kill off trees? You know when you go down a road and you can see a whole bunch of dead trees and you just know that the DOT had sprayed something. I have some scrub trees that I need to kill off before I cut them down. I don't want them to start growing back at the base. Thank you

2. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

3. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Round-Up makes a tree and shrub spray that does very well in my experience. Mix it strong and you'll be good to go.

4. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

We cut our trees down and then drill stump and put in stump killer never had one re-sprout. Trying to kill the tree before cutting them down is almost impossible and not very safe for the birds and other wildlife.

5. Palisade

Palisade Well-Known Member

I don't know, we had a lot of success in Vietnam with that Agent Orange stuff.

Well, yeah, except for that.

:jester:

6. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

24d, dicamba, mcpp. round-up (glyphosate). glyphosate by itself is mickey mouse. The train track folks use some other stuff.

7. cynadon

2-4-5T I think. a bit much

8. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

The contamination by TCDD during production was a big part of the problem.

9. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Ortho Groundclear is some pretty powerful stuff. I use it on my gravel driveway, nothing grows for like a year.

It comes in a black bottle at Lowes for like $20.

10. cynadon

cut the trees down and paint the stump with 2-4-D (broadleaf weed killer from retail stores). even better drill a hole in the stump and pour solution into the cup.

11. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

...and the whole poisoning of 500,000 babies who have horrible birth defects, the maiming of an equal number of innocent civilians and all the Hodgkin's Lymphoma it gave U.S. servicemen.

Yes, this is something to make light of.

Stop trying to be funny and just tell Rocky to go to Lowe's.:roll: