next to Target?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AWmom, Mar 17, 2014.

1. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Yes - at Timber Drive & Aversboro Road.

2. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

I would love to have an Aldi's close by.

3. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to the Aldi, but I'd like to have something closer to Rex Wellness that I can run into quickly after my workout occasionally, w/ decent fresh meat prices and a better produce selection than Target. Target's fresh meat is outrageous (to my budget!), and driving over to Hwy 50 is out of the way. I want to be able to take a left on White Oak and head on home! :)

4. Snuffyjo

Snuffyjo Well-Known Member

What I would give to have a Trader Joe's at White Oak!

5. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

you and me both!

6. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

I love that store too. I think if I had my pick, it would be Trader Joes.

7. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I like Trader Joe's I would also like to see a Whole Foods.

8. Wraunch

Wraunch Well-Known Member

You won't get either of those in Garner anytime soon. It's seen as too "red" of an area for those types of stores. We could get an IGA or Food Lion in a heartbeat though.

9. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

True! :ack:

10. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Would be my pick as well,instead of Aldi,I went to a couple of Aldis while visiting family in Germany last year and there's a difference like day and night.

11. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

There is a Kroger at the other end of Timber Where the Home Depot, Target, Petsmart are. It's not a huge store but it does have a great selection and lots of helpful staff. And Kroger owns Harris Teeter, now so it's as close to a Harris Teeter as we will get for now.

12. jwest1980

jwest1980 Member

There is a publix coming to cary soon..still not close enough :(

13. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

There is also a Publix coming to North Raleigh, but like you said not close enough. But I will still travel to it once in a while.

14. silverdevil

silverdevil Active Member

I was at White Oak Target tonight and noticed a big dirt pile on the property in front of the parking lot. Does anybody know what's happening there? More retail? Another restaurant?

15. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Which parking lot?

16. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

17. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

between TGIF and the road, opposite Wendy's

18. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

There's a nice Kroger at the other end of Timber (Home Depot plaza) and an Aldi is being built on Timber and ?, the cross street escapes me.
    We haven't seen a plan for the 300+ acres to be developed across from White Oak along Timber, but one would think with all of the rentals being built that another food store would be something to include in the plans. And I believe the developer is the same one that did North Hill's "Harris Teeter", Cowfish, Chuy's etc.

There was also a plan for Clayton around the Hospital that included "grocery and theaters" etc. almost self-contained. It sounded wonderful at the time, getting home and not having to leave your own neighborhood.

19. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Coastal federal credit union I believe

20. silverdevil

silverdevil Active Member

^If that's the case, I assume they will be moving out of their space over by Buffalo Wild Wings.