GREATER CLEVELAND CHAMBER OF COMMERCE HAPPENINGS

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kaci, Mar 13, 2013.

1. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Christmas in Cleveland!

Hey guys, it's about that time again!!! This is one of the events the Chamber does to give back to the community that makes all our businesses successful. Free for all and a great time for the kids to get their Christmas wishes to Santa, get their own free Santa bucks and buy their gifts for others themselves with those bucks.

The Greater Cleveland Chamber of Commerce
    invites you to celebrate
    Christmas in Cleveland!
    Thursday, December 5th
    6-8 PM
    Fit for Life parking lot (Technology Drive)

Join us as Santa arrives on a fire truck to light the tree! He will be available
    for the kids to tell him what they want for Christmas while parents can take
    pictures. Local businesses will have booths set up for the kids as well as
    live entertainment with music, dancing and fun!

This year we will be collecting school supplies to support Cleveland
    Elementary School. Items needed are pencils, tissues, hand sanitizer,
    looseleaf paper, crayons and markers.

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Had so much fun shopping for the Santa's Shop items for the kids to get with their free Santa bucks, can't wait to see all their smiling faces when they "buy" gifts for mommy, daddy, brother or sister :)

3. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Bumping up to remind y'all about Christmas in Cleveland this Thursday night. Come out with the community for this great free event!!!!

4. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

My kids LOVED this last year. It was fantastic and can't wait to go this year. Thanks for putting this on.

Stephanie-- mom to 11

5. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Thank you all so much for coming out for our Cleveland Township kicking off of the Christmas season tonight with your local Greater Cleveland Chamber of Commerce. It was so great to see so many of you with your children and maybe i am selfish but it does my heart so good to get to see your lil ones after they visit Santa and then come to get their gift in the Santa shop, what an awesome heartwarming way to start this blessed holiday season! Thank you to all the great sponsors, vendors, and the chamber for doing this for our community!

6. slater

slater Well-Known Member

Strawberry festival

Is there a set date? Assuming the 26 of April since it's recently been that weekend in the past... Can anyone set this straight? Thanks.

7. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Yes, the 26th, the date cannot be changed because JoCo has declared that Saturday every year as Strawberry Festival Day so we are allowed to close down the road to hold it. Applications are already coming in for booths and it is first come first serve so if you are interested in having a booth contact the chamber at 919-773-8448 to get your spot reserved!

8. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Business After Hours

Interested in our local Greater Cleveland Chamber of Commerce and the Chamber breakfast once a month is hard to make? Thursday, March 20th is our next Business After Hours networking event at the Cleveland Draft House starting at 5pm. Come out and meet other local business owners and representatives and see how the Cleveland Chamber can benefit your business and you can get involved in our local community. It's free, there will be appetizers and a cash bar! Hope to see some new faces there!

9. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Teacher of the Month

Congratulations to the GCCC March "Superstar Teacher of the Month" Elizabeth Bonilla, West Johnston High School chemistry teacher, department co-chair, a SADD leader and she is also involved JoCo Teen drivers. Thank you, Ms. Bonilla for all you do for students in and outside of the classroom. Congratulations on your recognition! This month's sponsor of the wonderful gifts given to the Teacher of the Month is ARCO Restoration, thank you ARCO for supporting our local schools!!

10. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

This is tonight, come out if you can and enjoy some networking with fellow business owners and representatives. Oh yeah there's gonna be some basketball or something on the big screens 8)

11. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

12. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Strawberry festival

Chamber email sent to all Chamber members today:

On Saturday, April 26, 2014 the Greater Cleveland Chamber of Commerce will hold its Annual Strawberry Festival (Technology Dr. - 40/42 )

The festival events will include Large Inflatables, Carnival Games (complete with prizes), Arts & Crafts, Family Oriented Activities, Entertainment and Classic Car Cruise In, Assorted Food Vendors. (There will also be local vendors selling various items just in time for Easter and Mothers Day.)

We are asking for your help in marketing this Community Event by liking us on Facebook: Strawberry Festival, Garner NC and inviting your friends to join us! . Be sure to join us! At this time we still have a few booths left, if you would like one please give the Chamber a call @ 919-773-8448

We would like to thank our sponsors:
    Title Sponsor
    Four Oaks Bank

Platinum Sponsors
    Bigg's Heating & Air
    Porter Farms
    Stephenson Heating & Air
    Active Care Physical Therapy
    Raleigh Radiology
    University Sports & Orthopedic of Clayton
    Lane & Associates

Gold Sponsors

Johnston County Visitor Bureau
    News & Observer Garner Cleveland Record
    Waste Industries
    4042 Motors
    Healthy Pets Mobile Vet
    Perm Boot
    Tilghman & Company
    Fit for Life Health Club

Silver Sponsors
    David Ford
    Southern Touch Landscape
    Mule City Specialty Feed
    Renew Day Spa
    Riccobene & Associates

13. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Entertainment Schedule on Main Stage for the Strawberry Festival on the 26th:

9:00 - 10:00 am - Performer Wade Hill
    10:00 - 10:15 am - Zumba
    10:15 - 10:30 am - West Johnston Dance
    11:00 - 11:30 am - Prestige Dance Group
    12:00 - 12:30 pm - World Taekwondo
    12:30 - 1:00 pm - Tommy Worship Team
    1:00 - 1:45 pm - Singer Jessica Rae
    1:45 - 2:00 pm - Scott Barton
    2:00 - 2:30 pm - Benson Line Dance
    2:30 - 3:30 pm - Singers Abby Stephens and Amanda Daughtry

14. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Strawberry Festival

Tomorrow is the day and the weather is gonna be gorgeous!!!! We are excited to announce that Nick Robinson will have his race car at the Festival. Stop by and see the him and the car!

Festival runs from 9am - 4pm and the Chamber is raffling off a new gas grill, stop by the Chamber booth or my Miche Bags booth for tickets. See you all there:hurray:

15. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

A great big thank you to all of you that came out yesterday and made the Strawberry Festival a successful event once again.:hurray::hurray::hurray: i hope you all enjoyed it and if you did please let us know what you liked the most and any suggestions for future years, this is your community event!!!!

16. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

GCCC Annual Golf Tournament

Registration is now available for the Chamber's annual Golf Tournament! This year it is being held at Eagle Ridge instead of Reedy Creek due to some problems Reedy Creek is having with their greens. Once again though LaPiazza will be catering the dinner:) For more information or registration just let me know or contact the Chamber at 919-773-8448!

17. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Wasn't this a Sticky at one point? I really think it should be as I always take a look at it.

Sherry

18. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Yeah it was Sherry, when i went to post had to search for it. i sent a pm to Webbie asking about it. My guess is maybe there is a limit to how many sticky are allowed and when he added the Political Forum one it knocked the Chamber one out, but that is just a guess :)

19. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Ok, my guess was right about the Sticky situation, Webbie will make it a Sticky again after all the drama from the political pit settles down:hurray:

20. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Awesome. Thanks for checking with Webbie.

Sherry