Simple Twist

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kaci, Jun 4, 2014.

1. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

OMG, stopped by the new restaurant and it looks awesome, the food was original and great courtesy of Nate and the service was awesome. So glad and happy to see Kelli, Laura, Marly,and Jenn!!!

2. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

what kind of cuisine do they have?

3. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Check out their website, www.simpletwistnc.com to see their full menu, looks great and a much needed different offering in our community.

4. WadeCorbett

WadeCorbett Well-Known Member

I went out last night for their opening night. The place looks great! The menu looks fabulous and the food looked good as well! :) Wishing Nate and Colleen much luck!

5. lucky*p

lucky*p Member

I tried to call in an order for pick-up and the phone immediately ended the call every time I dialed.. 919-661-5566. Is this the right number?

6. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

According to their Facebook page, they're having problems with the new phone system. You can call 919-322-0153 until the problem is fixed.

7. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

Where exactly are they located? 5638 NC Highway 42? Is this in the strip shopping center next to DQ?

8. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

9. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

Thanks Tassy, I really appreciate it. Looks like a great menu and reasonably priced.

10. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Just got home a few minutes ago from eating there tonight. The food is very good. Some of the wait staff is inexperienced, but that's to be expected with a new restaurant. I can't say that the service suffered because of it. We left there shortly after 6, and they were getting pretty busy.

11. 42Local

42Local Well-Known Member

We just got back from eating there. It was everything you would expect from Chef Nate. The lobster mac is cooked a bit differently, and we all agreed that it was even better. Hubby got a burger, and that was better as well. Since we didn't think the burgers could get any better than what he was making at TerraFin, we asked Colleen about it. She explained that they changed the meat blend. Oh man, it was good. Also tried the Cuban sandwich, which was delicious. Colleen was our waitress, so the service was perfect. We'll definitely be back soon. She said they're adding outside seating in that little courtyard, which will be awesome.

12. Judge Smails

Judge Smails Well-Known Member

Had lunch at Simple Twist today and it was quite good. Opted for the Twisted Guac and was very impressed, although I'd like to see homemade tortilla chips. Also had the Food Truck Tacos with shrimp and enjoyed those as well, aside from wishing they had some spice to them (personal preference :) ). Service was good as well and I will definitely return.

13. bulldawg

bulldawg Well-Known Member

I couldn't wait for this place to open. I got the Los Pollos Hermanos sandwich today and it was really good. I can't wait to try more. I am glad they are back.

14. mgzd

mgzd Well-Known Member

Not to be a pinhead, but can anyone explain to me who on earth Nate and Colleen are, and why I should be excited to try out this restaurant?

15. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Long story short..... Nate and Colleen are partners with Ed and his Daddy at Terrafin Station. Nate is an awesome chef and brainchild behind their great original menu. Colleen is Nates wife and was pretty much managing the "front of house" duties, she provided excellent customer service to all the customers, you can't help but love her! Ed is.... well, Ed. Nate and Ed got into some disagreements, Ed called his daddy (who owns 50% share of the business), daddy flew in from NY and fired Nate and Colleen. Ed and his daddy won't buy Nate and Colleen out, so they are still held hostage to whatever becomes of Terrafin Station until it is legally settled. Atleast 6 employees from Terrafin all gave their notice to Ed in the same week once they found out when Nate & Colleen would be opening Simple Twist.

On another note.... we had dinner there Friday night and it was good! I had the Thai peanut bowl with shrimp and the flavor was wonderful!! DH and another friend had the cuban sandwich and the roast beef sandwich and loved them. We also had the Sweet Pots from the appetizers and they were very good! Great selection of beers on tap, cans and bottles too! It was also nice to see familiar faces serving people with smiles!

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
  16. Wraunch

Wraunch Well-Known Member

I went a week ago for lunch and it was delicious and fairly priced. Highly recommend!

17. lucky*p

lucky*p Member

Been there twice already...Delicious both times. Its something a little different and needed on 42!

18. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Hubby and I had dinner here one day last week and it was yummy! The only bit of "constructive criticism" I would give is about the Bacon Dressing. He and I shared a Spinach/Bacon Salad and the obvious choice was the Bacon Dressing (for us, anyway)...it was cold. First time I have ever had that dish w/ the dressing cold. We prefer it warm....but the staff was pleasant, so I am betting they would warm it up if asked. :) We will be back!

19. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

The lobstah & shrimp mac n' cheese rocked!!! Had that for dinner there tonite, I also had a small salad and really liked the basil balsamic dressing! But the mac n' cheese... OMG... thick and cheesy, browned top... every bite was awesome!

20. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Yep, we shared the "Mac is Back" and the Burger w/ Portebellas Mushrooms and Swiss. We each ate another meal off our leftovers!