Who Delivers?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by elims, Jun 10, 2014.

1. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Since we've had several food threads lately, I've been wondering who delivers in our area (Clayton/40-42). What are your favorite delivery restaurants? Who is your 'go to' for Chinese, pizza, sandwiches, anything else you want conveniently brought to your door?

Carol

2. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I think since papa johns moved from Highway 42 in Clayton down to the Lowes Foods at highway 50 and 42 they deliver out to south plantation now. That is the only one I know.

Where you live you may want to check with 3 Olive's. I have had their eggplant parm sub and it is pretty good

3. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Dominos definitely delivers all over the area. They have a location in Clayton and one at 40/42.

Pizza Hut delivers within Clayton, but I know Government Road is too far last time I checked.

4. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Domino's didn't used to deliver to near McGee's Xroads area,do they now?
    Two Cousins does deliver here however.
    On another note-went for take out to China King the other day and it was quite awful,used to be a lot better!

5. 42Local

42Local Well-Known Member

We get delivery from 3 Olives, Ray's Pizza, and Dominos. In addition, there is a company called Joco to Go that will bring you food from American Hero, Bonsai's, Cold Stone, Emperor's Choice, Fiesta Mexicana, Hibachi & Co, Island Pizza, Jones Lunch, La Piazza, McKinley's, Venero's, and White Oak Grill. We've been happy with them. The price is reasonable and the food arrives hot.

6. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Since Papa Johns moved, they dont deliver here anymore .. I'm something like a quarter of a mile too far from any of their locations. Dominos does deliver, but I'd rather give my money to someone else if I have a choice... Never tried 3 Olives (never heard of 'em), will look in to that! Read reviews on here that Ray's was good .. will have to try them as well.

Annette - went to China King the other night and the chicken was a bit tough, but everything else tasted the same .. how was yours different then previously?

7. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Whoa .. they deliver from all of the above?? I vaguely remember hearing about "JoCo To Go" but didn't know much about them or anyone who'd tried the service. Wow! Very cool! Will check that out for a special occasion! Thanks!

8. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

When did this start? I think it is very awesome and wish we had something like that in Durham. Or maybe we do and I don't know about it.

Sherry

9. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

10. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

http://www.joco2go.com/

11. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

It was mostly the way the chicken and the beef looked like and tasted,kind of rubbery.My husband ordered 'Seafood Delight' which normally does not contain any beef but different kinds of seafood,which other than a few lonesome shrimp it did not.

12. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

13. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

O

Looks like Joco to go is picking up where 919 Dine left off! Wish they would add some restaurants like Chilis, TGIF Fridays, Clubhouse Restaurant and the Cleveland Draft House.

14. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

It's not totally up to them, you should call those restaurants and tell them that you wish they would work with "JoCo To Go" for delivery options. If enough people request it, maybe they would look into it.

BTW... just playing around on their ordering site... so 1 hotdog from Jones Lunch in downtown Clayton with their standard delivery fee of 3.99. That hot dog is going to be over $8 by the time it gets to me.

YOUR ORDER
    TOTAL: $8.15
    Items: $2.49
    Tax: $0.17
    Delivery: $3.99
    Fuel: $1.50

You need to be ordering alot to make this a worthwhile option.

15. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Plus tip? I prefer to dine in at Jones. The atmosphere (seeing old friends) is as good as the hot dogs.

16. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

exactly... plus a tip too!

17. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

$8.15 for a hot dog? looks like in addition to the delivery and fuel charge they marked up the price of a hot dog at jones $00.50. food delivery and convenience comes at a price. plus the hot dog is best if eaten at the restaurant.

18. fizzco

fizzco Well-Known Member

Two cousins pizza delivers, in some areas of Clayton
    919-934-2322 or 919-934-2644
    Their located on 210 beside food lion near I-40

19. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Time and Relative Dimension in Space (TARDIS) :jester:

20. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Who? 8)