Moxie door to door

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Sheebee82, Jun 18, 2014.

1. Sheebee82

Sheebee82 Member

Heads up! Moxie pest control going door to door claiming they have been "getting a lot of calls in this neighborhood about small black ants and spiders" and are actually treating "my neighbors". Pushy sales people. Maybe don't answer your door for this guy!

2. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

what sub division?

3. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

They have been to Island Creek, Twisted Oaks, Jordan Ridge. Those are the ones we heard about.

4. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

5. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

He was just here in Whispering Pines. Damn was he pushy, I think my dogs scared him off though. My GSD keep barking through the screen door.

But exact same sales pitch.

6. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

if they come to my neighborhood and the No Soliciting sign doesn't stop him, the pump action will

7. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

For crying out loud...he's a door to door salesman, not a frickin rabid werewolf rapist.

He came to my door. I told him I wasn't interested. He was polite, thanked me and then he went away.

8. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

LOL, Yup.. I agree

9. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Wasn't there a rabid werewolf raped a couple of weeks back?

Reminded me of an old joke about a guy form the lower 48 trying to become a naturalized Alaskan. To become an Alaskan required a series of tests where the last two was to kill an Alaskan Brown Bear with his bare hands and make love to an Eskimo woman. As those jokes go, he got confused and at the end asked where the Eskimo women he was supposed to kill could be found.

10. Tardevil

Tardevil Well-Known Member

Pleasant Woods, too.

11. giapn73

giapn73 Well-Known Member

Plantation pointe too

12. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Seems like it would be a great way to get into someones house and see what possessions you would like to liberate.

P.S. I have no experience with Moxie, they might be the greatest most secure company in the world, I would just think twice about who I let into my property, especially if I am not there to let them in.

13. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

They are a legit company. I am sure they provide incentives to their technicians to help drum up business between appointments. It would be good business to increase sales force while decreasing downtime.

14. JCoRes

JCoRes Well-Known Member

They are legit BUT

they are not cheap for what they offer.

They came by my house as well (near Cobblestone) ... showed their "special" they have and that special was still almost $40.00 higher per visit (on a quarterly contract) then who we used for our pests issues - Neuse.

We stopped after our yearly with Neuse but will definately be using them again instead of Moxie when we start to see any summer critter bugs in too much quantity.

15. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

I know this depends on your house, yard, living conditions, etc., but I have always felt that pest control contracts were a waste of money. I have never had a problem with pests on a regular basis and only call them out when there is an issue, which has been 2 or 3 times in 15 years. Keep your bushes trimmed away from your house, buy a tube of caulk and seal some holes, etc. There are a lot of cheaper ways to control pests.

16. BuzzMyMonkey

The biggest threat down here are termites and making sure they stay eliminated and or dead.

17. mgzd

mgzd Well-Known Member

My only issue regarding Moxie is that they have told people they can control Moles/Voles, for a price and within the rules/regulations. Be careful what you believe on this one, because there is no sure method of control with these critters.

18. BuzzMyMonkey

Sure there is.. they can be knocked out and controlled