Access to the Political Pit forum has been changed

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Webmaster, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

This is true and a bit comical given their prior claims of others needing attention, and intending to drive off the liberals. But no more so than the claims of mutual support and group think in others and then acting as a herd.

2. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

It actually died a little bit with each and every one of their posts.

3. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter Well-Known Member

Yea....and I'm sure your pearls of wisdom had nothing to do with them leaving.

4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

If you can't defend your position leave, and that is what they did.

5. Josey Wales

Josey Wales Well-Known Member

I find this whole Political Pit controversy comical. I almost can't believe there are grown adults who complain to the webmaster because someone was mean to them on a forum. I think the Pit now is what it should have been all along, an open forum with restricted access and a good disclaimer. Political discussion is for grownups. If you can't freely speak your mind, then we're not really having an open discussion. If there are certain words/phrases/ideas that offend you, then maybe you shouldn't be discussing politics in public.

Labeling others as "trolls" has always seemed juvenile to me. Debating back and forth constantly is the purpose of a political forum. Either state your counter argument, or move on to another topic ...simple. No need for meaningless labels. Are there actually people who can't use the ignore feature in their own brain, and must resort to hiding the words from their screen? To each his own.

The reason I left was boredom. I didn't have anything new to say, and I couldn't find anyone else who did either.

6. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Ok, since i can't find the previous pinned local Chamber post and evidently this one is still pinned, here is the Celebrate Cleveland agenda for you local folks that want to celebrate the 4th of July!

7:00 a.m.- 9:00 a.m. – Breakfast with Youth at Oakland Church
    8:00 a.m. – Set up Booths – Rental fee is $35. Bring your own tent and table.

10:00 a.m. - Parade – Line up behind Cleveland Fire Station at 9:30

10:45 a.m. - Opening Ceremonies

Games, Pony Rides, Food and Entertainment

1:00 p.m. – Community Walk-on Ball Game

7:00 p.m. - 9:15 p.m. – Street Dance – Seaside Band

9:15 p.m. - Fireworks

Special Thanks to:
    Johnston County Visitors Bureau
    Cleveland Fire Department and 50-210 Emergency Services
    Greater Cleveland Athletic Association
    Greater Cleveland Chamber of Commerce
    Johnston Community College
    Sheriff Steve Bizzell and Deputies
    Celebrate Cleveland Committee

For more information or to make contributions for fireworks: Call Cookie Pope at (919) 202-1403 or Joe David Austin at (919) 934-9209

Entertainment - Those interested in singing, dancing or playing in band – Contact Cookie Pope at (919) 934-6187.

NEED CONTRIBUTIONS FOR FIREWORKS – Make checks payable to Celebrate Cleveland and mail to Cookie Pope at 849 Polenta Rd., Smithfield, NC 27577.

If webbie pins the local Chamber thread again before the 4th, i will repost this info there :)

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  7. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Cute, Kaci. I agree that Webbie needs to pin the Chamber one.

Sherry

8. BobF

BobF Well-Known Member

Oddity

One thing struck me kind of odd...when I visited the Pit a while ago, it said that there was "one member and one guest" visiting the forum.

Clearly, I was the Member, but who was the 'guest'? I was under the impression that ONLY Registered Members could access the Pit, yet it seems that a 'guest' was there as well.

Any idea how that could be?

9. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

That "guest" entry probably got triggered by a search engine spider that was indexing the site.

10. Stinger_6

Stinger_6 Well-Known Member

The Webmaster had to decide whether to ban Sherry The Snitch or make The Pit a no-holds-barred cage match.