What's the new building behind CVS on 70?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by RickH, Jul 10, 2014.

1. RickH

RickH Member

...currently being built, not too far from completion? US70 East in Clayton across from Bojangles, behind CVS, next to Pep Boys.

2. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

3. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

I am looking forward to a new restaurant/bar in the Clayton area. Are they affiliated with the one down the road on Highway 42?

4. HidesinOBX

Doh, I guess it is... should have read more thoroughly! Nevermind...:oops:

5. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

good assessment

6. space_cowboy

space_cowboy Well-Known Member

aka the nail in Mckinley's coffin. Well deserved I might add.

7. HidesinOBX

Well deserved indeed.... If they are affiliated with the Cleveland Draft House, let's hope that the service is better than the one on Hwy 42. The 3 times I have been to the Hwy 42 location, the service was terrible at the bar. It's been over a year since I've been there...hopefully that has changed.

8. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

We go to CDH probably once a month on average, and have been for the past 4 years or so. Can't say I can remember a time when we had bad service. Although we don't go to the bar much, usually the dining room. A friend of mine plays pool there about once a month though, and he goes to the bar, and says they are good.

We also go to The Clubhouse about once a month or so, love that place as well.

9. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I hate to agree because this was our go-to place for several years, but you're probably right.

10. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

:hurray::hurray::hurray:

11. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

I think there's room for both McKinleys and the CDH in Clayton. I don't like to go to the same place all of the time and welcome more variety in this area. We will probably go to both for different reasons. We enjoy the food, trivia, bands and watching Sunday Football at CDH but also like the food at McKinleys such as their Prime Rib Dinner on Fridays. IMO we don't have to decide to be exclusive patrons of one over the other. As for service issues, if we go anywhere and have an issue, we always try it again. Second time, we nicely let Management know, since if they are not aware of an issue, just deciding not to go back isn't going to fix it!

12. ImTheNormal0ne

ImTheNormal0ne Well-Known Member

i agree :)

13. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Really...if you have a problem at McKinleys, they'd rather throw you out than deal with it ... or you. McKinleys, where the customer is always WRONG. McKinleys is aware of all their problems, and they would rather you just didn't go back.

They deserve to have that final nail put in their coffin.

It's highly entertaining to look them up online and read the reviews from the various sites... this by far is the best and most accurate reviews for them...

http://www.insiderpages.com/b/3717316149/mc-kinleys-restaurant--pub-clayton

14. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

I am not a regular at McKinleys but when we have dined there we have not been treated in the manner described in these posts. If this was a regular experience they would already be closed.
    I am looking forward to the opening of Cleveland Draft House and Mannings!