Simple Twist

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kaci, Jun 4, 2014.

1. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Was out and about last night and did notice just a couple cars at Terrafin and a good deal of cars at simple twist.

2. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

lol. simple twist in a strip mall (other businesses) terrafin almost a stand alone. just saying. carry on.

3. BuzzMyMonkey

Umm as far as I'm aware of things.. I doubt the dentist was open still at 9:15 pm or many more of the other businesses there.. furthermore the cars were parked mostly in front of simple twist and it looked as though a lot of people were sitting in there eating. There was literally 2 cars at Terrafin.

Is there any other insightful info you have on this subject?

4. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

u a detective or just a terrafin basher? maybe just a off night for terrafin? if not, they will not be open very much longer and a number of 4042 board members will be estatic.
    ps wife does not like terrafin. me? been there 2 times. both times prior to the split and the quality of food did not warrant my return.

5. Smudger

Smudger Well-Known Member

we went to terrafin based on reviews here about 2 years ago NEVER WENT BACK I don't think we will bother with this new place if the same cook is there.

6. BuzzMyMonkey

well seeing how there is a direct connection between the 2 eateries I was making a factual comment on amount of customers between the 2 I saw. It wasn't bashing or being a detective LOL it's called an observation.

My opinion on the quality at Terrafin is it went down hill after they opened the Raleigh location. Terrafin food reputation was built by the Chef, when a Chef leaves often times the food quality will be affected till they can find a new Chef who may be able to maintain or redevelop the food quality.

7. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

My opinion, we each have one, but i have had 2 business lunches at Simple Twist and hubby and i have had dinner there a few times, had a book club meeting there last night and the food is awesome, Chef Nate is the best and the service has been way above par. As for the evenings and the parking lot, as far as i am aware all the businesses in the strip except for the tanning bed are closed by 5:30.

8. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

Weighing in on Simple Twist...had a great meal there tonight. The service was top notch and the Cuban and salmon BLT sandwiches were off the hook good!! We will definitely be repeat customers. 8)

9. Lucy

Lucy Well-Known Member

I had dinner at Simple Twist with my family this past weekend for my late birthday present. Nothing spectacular, but I ended up going with a hamburger and fries. Needless to say, it was DELICIOUS! I will definitely go back. Great atmosphere and customer service as well. :)

10. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

I only see one menu online. Do they have smaller portions of the entrees at lunch or just one size for both lunch and dinner?

11. Judge Smails

Judge Smails Well-Known Member

Just one menu and one size for lunch and dinner, to the best of my knowledge.

12. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

We've dined here twice. Once for lunch and once for dinner.

The quality of the food is excellent. I truly enjoyed both of my meals. However, the service both time was very slow. My suggestion to them would be some additional training for staff. I understand they are just opening, and it takes some time to work out the bugs, it won't deter me from going back, we'll probably just wait a while.

The only thing I'm sad to see, is that at Terrafin, the Lobster and Shrimp Mac and Cheese, at around $18 for an entree, was huge, and two of us could share it comfortably. Now, it's $14 and about half the size.

13. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Nates original recipe that they are making at Simple Twist is fabulous compared to what the one at Terrafin has become. Terrafins is just pasta, (mostly) shrimp and (very few) lobster morsels in a a cheese sauce thats very soupy, and no topping. Simples Twists... is worth the $14. Its a thick oooey-goooey cheesy, nice chunks of lobster and shrimp, and a nice bread topping. I would pay the $14 again for Simple Twists, I stopped ordering the Terrafin one long ago.

14. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

We had not been to Terrafin in probably over a year. So the only thing I have to compare it to is that way it used to be.

I agree that the new pasta is good, no complaint there. I just felt like compared to what we used to receive at Terrafin, it was not as economical.

15. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

I have to agree with Jennifer. We thought our Waitress went home. :?
    I had to get my own straw, fork and plate.

We went to Dinner with two friends. One of them ordered the Lobster and Shrimp Mac and Cheese. When it arrived we kind of looked at it and wondered where the rest was. :lol: I didn't see many people leaving with take out containers. If I'm spending $50-$60 on Dinner, I would like to have some to bring home for lunch the next day. BTW she did say it was really good.

16. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Then maybe you should go to Olive Garden.....they were advertising some promotion not too long ago where you got an extra portion to take home. No one ever said good food is cheap.
    :cheers:

17. space_cowboy

space_cowboy Well-Known Member

Small portions and poor service...that never ends well.

18. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

When we went a few weeks ago - our waiter was great, if anything - a little over attentive, so I guess it just depends on who you get, and maybe what time you go. My DH had the lobster mac/cheese, and we too thought at first it looked small - but he said he thought it had more seafood than Terrafin's and it was very filling, so he was satisfied. I had the rice bowl with grilled chicken - I had enough to bring home for lunch.

19. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Bigger portions, suckier food, and crappy service will end even worse for someone else...

20. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Check it out for yourself, i personally have never left there without a togo box because i couldn't eat everything:
    Simple Twist Ribbon Cutting tonight starting at 5pm, come out and help welcome a new business to our area and bring a friend :)