Online homeschool programs

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by DeniseL, Aug 22, 2014.

1. DeniseL

DeniseL Well-Known Member

Wondering if anyone uses an online homeschool program to supplement their teaching and if so which one. Thanks !

2. mandmdad

mandmdad Well-Known Member

You may want to check with Johnston County schools and see if they accept those programs as credit toward home schooling.

3. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

I know several people that have been happy with Monarch.

There are some people that are starting to use the Ron Paul curriculum.

4. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

Johnston County Schools has no input or anything to do with a legal homeschool program. They have zero input!

5. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

6. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

Typical response..... dissect/ divide

Why are you bringing politics into the conversation. I gave valid options from people I know that are using it and are happy. You used google and have no knowledge.

Typical liberal!

7. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

8. Emma Caroline

Emma Caroline Well-Known Member

That is exactly how it should be! I have home schooled and had kids in private and I would never expect to piece mill what I need from the public school.

I also think there should be restrictions on kids who request reassignment. I don't think it is right for a parent to request reassignment for the purpose of their kid being on a sport team. If you want to play--or be in band or whatever--do it where your are assigned!

Full disclosure--I have a kid who is currently reassigned out of his base school. It is for academic purposes and I don't think he deserves a select extra curricular spot from a kid who lives in district.

9. reeteach2

reeteach2 Well-Known Member

Easy Peasy is free online curriculum. I'm looking at some of it to suppliment http://allinonehomeschool.com/
    I have friends who have used Khan Academy and others who use Abeka Academy.