GREATER CLEVELAND CHAMBER OF COMMERCE HAPPENINGS

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kaci, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Well-Known Member

Excellent news

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Golf Tournament

Don't forget the Chamber's Annual Golf Tournament is this Friday and it is at Eagle Ridge instead of Reedy Creek. It is not to late to get a team enrolled or join yourself, just contact the Chamber at 919-772-6448 and did i mention La Piazza is catering the dinner :hurray::hurray:

(hope Webbie gets this thread a sticky soon, hate having to search through 3 pages to post something about our local community)

3. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

4th of July Celebration

Thanks Webbie:hurray:

Here ya go folks, info on the upcoming 4th of July in Cleveland Township:

Here ya go, now gonna go search for the Chamber thread to post there

7:00 a.m.- 9:00 a.m. – Breakfast with Youth at Oakland Church
    8:00 a.m. – Set up Booths – Rental fee is $35. Bring your own tent and table.

10:00 a.m. - Parade – Line up behind Cleveland Fire Station at 9:30

10:45 a.m. - Opening Ceremonies

Games, Pony Rides, Food and Entertainment

1:00 p.m. – Community Walk-on Ball Game

7:00 p.m. - 9:15 p.m. – Street Dance – Seaside Band

9:15 p.m. - Fireworks

Special Thanks to:
    Johnston County Visitors Bureau
    Cleveland Fire Department and 50-210 Emergency Services
    Greater Cleveland Athletic Association
    Greater Cleveland Chamber of Commerce
    Johnston Community College
    Sheriff Steve Bizzell and Deputies
    Celebrate Cleveland Committee

For more information or to make contributions for fireworks: Call Cookie Pope at (919) 202-1403 or Joe David Austin at (919) 934-9209

Entertainment - Those interested in singing, dancing or playing in band – Contact Cookie Pope at (919) 934-6187.

NEED CONTRIBUTIONS FOR FIREWORKS – Make checks payable to Celebrate Cleveland and mail to Cookie Pope at 849 Polenta Rd., Smithfield, NC 27577.

4. singlemom2

singlemom2 Active Member

Where exactly does everyone hang out to watch the band, fireworks etc?

5. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

all of these activities are held up on Cleveland sch rd, in the parking lot for JCC building. Oakland church is near there for the breakfast.

6. ECAVE

ECAVE Well-Known Member

7. singlemom2

singlemom2 Active Member

Great! Thanks! :cheers:

8. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Hey folks, mark your calendar, this year the Taste of Cleveland will be held on Sept 11th at the Landmark and proceeds from our Silent Auction will be going to the Cleveland Fire Departments and the GCCC local scholarship fund for both West and Cleveland high schools! Tickets will be on sale soon.

9. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Simple Twist Ribbon Cutting – Thursday- July 31st @ 5pm located at Simple Twist, 42 40 Plaza, Hwy 42.
    Refreshment and Cash Bar . Join us as we welcome another new business to our community. Bring a friend!

10. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Tonight is the Chamber's Business After Hours at Simple Twist starting at 5pm. Member of the Chamber or interested in joining and networking with fellow local business people, please come by and check it out!

11. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Taste of Cleveland

Ok, folks, time is drawing near. The Taste of Cleveland will be held at Landmark Halls and Gardens right behind CVS on Cleveland School Rd on Sept 11th, 6 - 9pm, 21 and older only and will be having a Silent Auction to raise monies for our local Fire Departments and for our scholarship fund for our local high schools. Donations are being accepted now for the Auction, great advertising for your business, easy tax right off and for a great cause. If you want to donate just let me know :)

Tickets are $25 each for the event and are all inclusive plus you get a collectible wine glass with each ticket. If you need tickets, just let me know. The vendors signed up already are:

Simple Twist Cafe & Bar
    Cleveland Draft House
    Logan's
    Fiesta Mexicana
    McDonald's
    La Piazza Italian Restaurant
    Adams Vineyards
    Gregory Vineyards
    Simply Sundaes
    Big Al's Pizza & Wings
    Patty Cake Bakery
    Blackstone Cigars
    Tavern in the Grove
    Anna's Gourmet
    Backyard Bistro
    Chick-fil-A
    Deep River Brewing Co.
    Manning's Restaurant
    TerraFin Station
    Um Um Concessions
    Live music by Wade Hill

Please come out and support this great community event. Tickets are limited so get your's before they sell out!

12. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Only 2 weeks away for the Taste of Cleveland! If you haven't gotten your tickets yet pm me and I can tell you the closest place to get them. Also if you are a local business in Cleveland Township or surrounding areas and would like to donate to the Silent Auction benefiting our local scholarship fund and local fire stations whether an item or gift card please let me know or drop off at the Greater Cleveland Chamber of Commerce. Thanks!

13. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

The Taste of Cleveland is only a little over a week away. Be sure to get your tickets asap as they are limited. This year will be the largest event so far with more vendors participating than ever before. You can get your tickets by contacting me on here, contacting the Chamber office at 919-773-8448 or at several of the local vendors that have tickets including The Cleveland Draft House, Simple Twist, La Piazza, Adam's Vineyards, Tavern in The Grove, and Terrafin Station.

14. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

How much are tickets? And can we pick them up at chamber office on 42?

15. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly does one do at this Taste of Cleveland event? $25 a ticket - is this a mass dinner? Entrance to an indoor vendor advertising tasting booth thing? How does this silent auction work? Not sure, and scrolled back to find a description, but maybe I am looking at the wrong places... :?:?

16. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Sorry, this is our 4th year so didn't include a description. We have over 20 local restaurants, wineries, breweries, caterers, etc. serving food, desserts, beverages, etc and you pay one entrance fee, there is no advertising, and can visit as many of their tables as you choose without paying anything else, the portions are all very generous! Also there is live music and more vendors in the Gardens included in your entrance fee. As for the Silent Auction, we have a lot of great items donated by local businesses and individuals and there are bid sheets with the bidding starting around 50% of the retail value and all the proceeds are donated to our local Fire Stations and our local scholarship fund for our high schools.

17. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

I attended one year and it was wonderful! So much food it was impossible to even try everything. Left way too full but it was a wonderful way to learn about the restaurants, caterers and wineries in our area. Enjoyed speaking with the owners and sampling their food and seeing copies of their menus. Will try to attend this year and look forward to seeing the newer vendors we didn't see before!:hurray:

18. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

Thanks for the description; it sure sounds tasty!

19. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Does that include the wineries this year??

20. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

:)
    Can't speak for the wineries, it is determined by their license what they are allowed to serve i have been told by them but I do know La Piazza will be serving full glasses of wine from their bar that they serve in their restaurant :cheers: