fan\blower

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Can someone recommend a mechanic that can troubleshoot and possibly replace a fan\blower on an ac\heater unit for my isuzu. The AC compressor does come on but the motor in the cabin works when it wants to. All the fuses are fine. No idea why the fan motor in the vehicle has become so temperamental.

I need someone who can fix the problem with out giving me a laundry list of other items that need to be fixed.

Thanks

Bob

2. bulldawg

bulldawg Well-Known Member

You might get a laundry list but Carfix will get you all fixed up. i've used them a bunch.

3. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Quality Auto Service at 40/42 next to Bojangles should be able to take care of it.

Address: 5533 N Carolina 42, Garner, NC 27529
    Phone:(919) 771-2269
    Hours: Open today · 8:00 am – 5:00 pm

4. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

It happens sporadically. And if I hit where the fan motor is then it starts working again.

5. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

You sound as if you probably have a loose connection. Gently tug and push wire plug and see if you can make it come on and off. If so just unplug and plug back in a few times and your problem may be solved. If not, you probably need a fan motor because the fan, and shaft it's on, may be worn and causing it to hang up.

6. Stinger_6

Stinger_6 Well-Known Member

I am not mechanically inclined whatsoever when it comes to cars, but over the last few months I have been able to save a whole lot of money watching YouTube videos. Do a search on the problem you are having. Chances are good that you'll find a vid on it and can determine if it's something you can fix yourself.