Net10 or Straight Talk

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by mnredsky, Sep 22, 2014.

1. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

I know there are plenty of threads on here about phone carriers, but I have narrowed it down to two. I wanted to know from people who already have Net10 or Straight Talk (or if you've had both) your opinion...please :allears:

Pros?
    Cons?

TIA,

Tired of contract prices

2. ryanjfields

ryanjfields New Member

Owned by the same company. ST is only for Walmart. Net10 is the kinda the parent company. They also own Tracfone. Took a road trip last weekend and my son with his tracfone was the only one with service all the way to Elizabeth City and back. I am on sprint and my service died about 30 miles outside of Rocky Mount.

3. Judge Smails

Judge Smails Well-Known Member

Three months ago I switched from Verizon to Straight Talk; got tired of lousy customer service and the whole two-year contract thing.

I am quite glad I did. I went with Straight Talk on the Verizon network so I still have no problems with dropped calls and I'm saving almost $25/month. I have no complaints thus far and would absolutely recommend it to anyone.

4. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Republic Wireless. Period.

5. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

6. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

I've been using Straight Talk for almost a year, I have a Nexus 5 and I use the AT&T/GSM network. It's parent company is Tracfone, who has been around since the beginning of cell phones pretty much. Net10 is also owned by Tracfone. They sell their products at Walmart among other places, including their website. The service inside my house is sometimes spotty, but fine once I go outside or anywhere else in the area. I think it's my house lol.

7. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

Harvey and I rarely agree publicly, however on this one there is no doubt Republic Wireless is rock solid for my family.

8. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Thank you guys! I really appreciate all the feedback!

9. Emma Caroline

Emma Caroline Well-Known Member

We have had straight talk for two years and have been very pleased. Our 1st phones- mine was on Verizon and DH on Sprint. Never had problems with mine--he did. The biggest thing is to make sure the phone you get is on the network you want. We now have windows phones which are on ATT. Most of the time great service--does drop more than Verizon did. We both have had to have our windows phone replaced. Overall good customer support from straight talk. Only problem was having to send back the phone and wait for a replacement. We just activated an old one while waiting but if we had not had one it would have been a pain. I did call them and they gave us a free week service each time for the waiting period. $45 a month unlimited everything is good but u do have to consider the cost of the phone unless you have a sprint or att phone you take with you. Currently u can't take a verizon phone to straight talk.

10. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

My husband and I have been using StraightTalk (the phone on the Verizon network...not AT&T) for about 3 years. We've been please with the service.

11. REXAMUS

REXAMUS Member