One-Stop (Early) Voting for November 4, 2014 General Election

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Sherry A., Oct 23, 2014.

1. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

http://www.johnstonnc.com/joconcelections/econtent.cfm?page_desc=os2013

First Baptist Church Ministry Center
    125 S. Fourth Street
    Smithfield, NC 27577
    Thursday, October 23 and Friday, October 24 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
    Saturday, October 25
    9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
    Monday through Friday, October 27 to October 31
    9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
    Saturday, November 1
    9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.​

Church at Clayton Crossing
    11407 US Highway 70 West
    Clayton, NC 27520
    Thursday, October 23 and Friday, October 24 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
    Saturday, October 25
    11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
    Saturday, November 1

JCC Cleveland Campus
    9046 Cleveland Road
    Clayton, NC
    Thursday, October 23 and Friday, October 24 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
    Saturday, October 25
    Saturday, November 1

Archer Lodge Community Building
    14009 Buffalo Road
    Clayton, NC
    Thursday, October 23 and Friday, October 24
    Saturday, October 25
    Saturday, November 1

Benson American Legion Building
    605 N. Wall Street
    Benson, NC
    Thursday, October 23 and Friday, October 24
    Saturday, October 25
    Saturday, November 1

2. Sherry A.

3. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for posting this information. So many of our neighbors only vote in the presidential elections. They don't realize that these elections have more of an impact on their daily lives and that they need to make themselves heard through their vote.

4. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

Just make sure you show your government Issued Picture ID when you vote!

You want to make sure they understand you are compliant with the upcoming elections in 2016!

5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Just to make clear, you do not need to show a picture ID to vote this year.

I am pretty sure the Supreme court will knock this irrational rule down before it becomes an actual requirement for you to cast a vote.

I am going to vote this Saturday and plan on telling them they have no right to ask me for it.

6. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

And I will gladly vote and show them my Picture ID.........

Something as sacred as voting requires a picture ID now!

7. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

If voting is so sacred to those who strive to prevent others from exercising that right, how can such hypocritical positions be reconciled?

8. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

There is no plan to prevent others from voting. There is just a simple demand for accountability. No longer can the poll workers recognize everyone.

It is sad but in this current world you need a government issued ID to do almost anything! If you do not have one money has been set aside to get one!

Not a big deal, however no longer can people register voters in a graveyard. Imagine that you have to be living and have pictorial proof before a vote.

It's a beautiful thing and coming to polling locations in NC!

9. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Vote early and vote often!!!!

Sorry Sherry just having a bit of fun.

:jester:

10. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

That is how the Democrats have been doing it for years! It is the Jooisey Way!

11. Wayne Stollings

That is not supported by the facts.

Since this has not been a problem, trying to create one as an excuse makes the attempt more clear.

Except for the small fact that only certain government issued IDs are accepted, which belies the fact supposing the need for almost anything.

And you have evidence of this happening here? Statistics are great to show the cost/benefit ratio for the actions you propose.

Or a fake ID.

That is still for the courts to determine.

12. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

Heh Numb Nuts...... you can not produce any proof that is believable that the intent for a Picture ID suppresses voters just like proof that dead people have voted is not believable!

How about we go on common sense? A government issue ID should be required.

Now how about you go solve the problem of those that do not have a Pictorial ID. Personally I do not care, but do something good for a change...... go carry them to the location and get them an ID. It will keep you out of the graveyard registering new voters

13. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I just went to look up the phrase. I was really hoping it was a republican thing but I stand corrected. It is actually attributed to a democrat. John Van Buren of New York. The second son of President Martin Van Buren

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vote_early_and_vote_often

14. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Voted today. Saw the ID signs for 2016. Worker asked mynhame, address, DOB and then proceeded to askmif I had ID. She did so in what I believe to be rather accusatory tone. I said yds and she said they don't need it but wanted people to be prepared for 2016. That may very well be the case, but it was quite bristly and made me a little icky. And I am actually indifferent to the law - see both sides. I plan on calling the BOE and asking them to instruct poll workers to be a bit more informative up front instead of actually asking for ID.

15. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Voted today. Sign on table indicated I needed to state name, address, party affiliation, etc. I asked why I needed to indicate my party as this was a general election. Worker said "oh I don't need that it is indicated in our computer". LOL

16. Wayne Stollings

Given you do not understand the difference between believing evidence and there not being any evidence, the resort to name calling is par for the course.

The evidence for the "problem" is non-existent so the "solution" cannot be supported by any but an assumed problem. The evidence of the impact on certain classes of voters is clear and the other actions by GOP representatives to disenfranchise student voters (student ID is also not acceptable even if it is a government issued student ID) can be found in the court rulings overturning some of those attempts.

The resort to "common sense" which is neither very common or makes much sense. Why not accept a government issued student ID? Why limit the ID to the DMV offices, which are few a far between in many counties? Why not have the same people who handle voter registration provide the voter ID?

How about we scrap the idea of a restrictive ID? That makes more sense and actually saves money. You can tell when there is a benefit to the GOP as the money issue gets tossed ut the window. They will spend it to the last dollar to try to get their way and scream about government spending and "big government" at the same time.

I am doing something good, I am working to get things like this overturned. I am also pointing out the hypocrisy in crying about government being too big while wanting to require more government oversight and crying about government spending while causing more spending for the "pet" projects that also create bigger government.

17. Sherry A.

Let's leave personal opinion and political debate to the Political Pit please!

http://www.ncsbe.gov/ncsbe/voter-id

Beginning in 2016, North Carolina will require voters to show a photo identification (photo ID) when they present to vote in person. This change is a result of the Voter Information Verification Act or “VIVA.” (S.L. 2013-381). Until 2016, most voters will not be required to show any form of identification when they vote.

18. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

Since voting IS by definition Politics, post the damn thing where it belongs next time.

19. Sherry A.

No. This was posted exactly where it belongs for public information, not for debate.

Sherry

20. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

BS