With Gratitude and a Full Belly

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Tardevil, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Tardevil

Tardevil Well-Known Member

If anyone knows who the generous soul is who always pays for the order behind him in the Bojangle's Drive-thru - please thank him from the bottom of my heart and belly :)

2. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Very cool. I have friends around the country participating in a Pay It Forward program.

Sherry

3. Tardevil

Love it! The cashier says that this gentleman generously pays every time he goes through the Drive-thru.

I was so excited and flabbergasted that I am glad that I had enough wits about me to then Pay it Forward (or behind).

4. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

When we were coming back the toll section of the freeway in either Virginia or West Virginia the person ahead of us paid for us at the toll booth. Too cool. Took a completely by surprise. With all the really bad things going on around the world right now is was very cool.

5. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I agree that it is wonderful to have something nice happen. It would be nice if every so often we would all "pay it forward", if only in a small way. It might not be so small to the next person.

Sherry

6. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

How do you know how much to pay for the car behind you? say at McDonald's? If I give the cashier a 20.00 dollar bill for the car behind me, and all they want is a 2.00 cup of coffee, lol....... then what happens to my other 18.00????

7. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Typically the person behind them has placed their order by the time the one in front pays.

8. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Gotcha :) Never done this before or had it done to me so I am an old washbucket and clueless, lol...............

9. Tardevil

I wondered myself, but the cashier already had that order on the screen, too, so it was very easy! I have to say I was a little relieved that they hadn't ordered a giant Tailgate special! If that was the case, I would have only been able to make a contribution :)

10. elims

elims Well-Known Member

You can do that, too ... say "I'd like to pay 4 dollars towards their bill" (or however much you can afford) if you can't pick up the whole thing. That way, you're not going broke paying for a family of eight in the car behind ya. ;) It's fun to do, even a dollar or two can help make the day of someone else in line!