Auto Body work

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Well today I was backing out of a parking spot at the McDonald's in White Oak when a McDonald's worker was backing up in her parents GMC Yukon. Well she put a nice little dent in my car. Police officer suspects its under a grand. According to my insurance since both of us were backing up I have to cover my own.Anyone have any suggestions on an auto body shop? I know the dent part should be easy enough to pop out. But if you notice where the crease is on the darker grey the paint is chipped. I just worry with rain and snow that it will start to rust.
    Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

[​IMG]

2. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

I've used Coats Auto Body on 70 in Garner near White Oak, family owned, very nice people, excellent work.

3. Rockyv58

Thanks. I know it doesn't look bad, it really isn't but where the paint is chipped and the flare is creased, I just don't want it to rust. The vehicle is a 2002 and Isuzu stopped selling cars in this country years ago. They only sell trucks. In 2 1/3rd years I have only seen one Isuzu Rodeo Sport in LKQ. And only about 5-6 of them (besides mine) still out on the road.

4. Rockyv58

On my way into work Tuesday I am going to drive by there. I spoke with Leah. She thinks maybe the one part may be able to be popped out, But the fender flare they may need to order. But won't know till they see it in person and take some pics.

There is a rubber gasket between the flare and the body and its got a gap in it so water can get in there now.

The car is drivable but I just don't want things to start rusting out on it. I need to hold on to this vehicle for at least another 8 to 10 years.

5. elims

elims Well-Known Member

My advice is get quotes from several places. Prices definitely vary!!

6. Rockyv58

Thanks, will do. Might even check with Loves from the other auto body thread that Sirputz suggested

7. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

You can't go wrong with either Love's or Coats.

8. csmokey143

csmokey143 Member

Smithfield Collision on 301.

9. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

We've used Gerber on 70 in Clayton and have been very pleased.

10. Rockyv58

I am going to get multiple estimates. Coats pretty much wanted to repaint pretty much half the car and take out door dents and such. They wanted over $1700.00. That is way out of my budget. I still have to have my AC system checked out. The fender flare can be taken off and replaced. From what people have told me so far since the side panel paint is not chipped it can probably be popped back out. I am going to check around with LKQ, Wayne salvage and University Ford in Durham (Isuzu truck dealer).

A friend suggested http://www.looproadauto.com/ I am going to check them out today on my way out to Cary to see the new publix.

11. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

We used USA Auto body on Loop Road in Clayton. They have fixed two cars that my sons bumped in two separate parking lot incidences :?. We paid far less there than the other quotes received and they did excellent work. The folks they bumped were pleased and we were able to negotiate an excellent rate.