Mold Expert and dehumidifiier

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Concerned Person, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Concerned Person

Concerned Person Well-Known Member

Hello Friends,

I am looking for someone (expert) to come to our church and see where the mold is coming from. And see where we need to have a dehumidifier at. Any suggestions?

2. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

I'm no expert. I bought a dehumidifier for my basement (about 3,000 feet with 10 ft ceilings). Its awesome. No mold, no more basement smell. white wing defender about 1500$. It can pull 10-12 gallons out every 24 hours. Allergybuyersclub.com. It's about the size of a college refrigerator. If it quits today I'll buy another one!

3. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

To do just a basic series of tests to determine relative loading in the air is a few hundred dollars. To track down the source would be a per hour type service.

Unless there is indication of a very high level of mold, I would suggest a good dehumidifier first and then see if the cost of monitoring would be needed. The monitoring will probably point to the need for a dehumidifier so getting one first may be a cheaper approach.

4. Concerned Person

Concerned Person Well-Known Member

I google "Mold Experts" and came across PuroClean and the owner is Albert Vink, he was already in the Smithfield area today and met me at the church. He was wonderful and knew what he was talking about. He solved my problem, it was very simple and he didn't charged me a dime. He didn't take advantage of the situation like others would and required me to spend $1,000s. I highly recommend him and his number is 919 771-3533.....