One-Stop (Early) Voting for November 4, 2014 General Election

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Sherry A., Oct 23, 2014.

1. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

My apologies for being drawn into a debate in what was supposed to be an informational thread

2. ferrickhead28

ferrickhead28 Well-Known Member

Same thing happened to me on Saturday when I voted! She asked me if I had one, looked at my purse, then looked back at me again. I told her I do have one and I wasn't sure they needed to see it...she got a bit snappy with me. As I was walking off, I said you should phrase your question differently then.

3. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I told them I would not show ID under protest in Sampson County and every one was friendly about it.

4. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

Freekin bunch of panty waste drama queens. Geese

5. kevinsmithii

kevinsmithii Well-Known Member

Look who we ended up with in the last two presidential elections.

6. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I Am In Total Agreement!

[​IMG]

7. Sherry A.

You are welcome to discuss this in the Political Pit, but please leave the Discussion Group to information, etc.

Thanks so much!

Sherry

8. poppin cork

Hell, we only have about half the population working now. That's about the stupidest suggestion I've ever heard. What we need is more people working and less voting democrat.

9. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

So basically you think you determine what should be posted and when and where!

Take your own advice and stop posting about a National Holiday for voting!

Used to be people went and voted on election day without any early voting or holiday needed!

Enough Said

10. Sherry A.

Going off of the rules set by Webbie. Thanks though, and my holiday was non-partisan.

Sherry

11. poppin cork

There is not a non-partisan bone in your body.

12. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Ok, let me get this straight, you think standing up against authority (or those who think they have authority) is "Panty Waste"

Now I begin to understand all your other posts!

13. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

I just want to know what geese have to do with it? Canadian geese maybe if the concern was immigration, but geese in general?

14. poppin cork

You're actually "standing up" and being jerks to your neighbors who work hard for little or no pay, so you can vote and have it counted. Most of them could not care less about your political opinion concerning voter ID. That's what you're doing.

15. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I was very polite, you might want to look that word up also.

16. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Hey. Shove it, what makes you think you're the one to make assumptions on if that post was political or not, man you have some issues. How bout you stop running around here acting like your the owner here telling people what they should do, say and where to say it.

Pathetic.

17. kevinsmithii

kevinsmithii Well-Known Member

I just wanted to inform people of what they get when there is no accountability in the voter identification process.

18. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

I don't understand what the big deal is about needing an ID to vote? I don't even understand how you function in the 21st century without an ID. You can get an ID for free from the government. According to the federal government, "In 2009, 87 percent of the driving-age population (age 16 and over) have a license". And while there is not a figure for it, I would bet that at least half of the 13% that does not have a drivers license, still has a government issued ID (Passport or state ID card). That leaves less than 7% of the population without an ID at the most. All you need to do to get a free ID in NC is follow the instructions here - http://www.ncdot.gov/dmv/driver/id/#VoterID

The only reason you would have not to show ID to vote, is if you were trying to do something fraudulent. Why else would you care that the poll worker verifies that you are who you say you are? If you can give me another reason why it is bad to verify your identity before you vote, please tell me.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/24-things-that-require-a-photo-id/article/2534254

19. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

It's due to a lack of common sense by those fighting it.

20. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Are you a minority? Because often the world is a little different for them. I was reading an article (real print) in The Week that referenced the Brennan Center for Justice at the New York University that indicated that about 25% of eligible black voters and 16 percent of Hispanic voters don't have a photo ID, verses whites where only about 9% of the population don't have photo ID's.

Certain states like Texas have made it difficult and expensive for minorities to get these ID's by not making photo id services readily available to them.