One-Stop (Early) Voting for November 4, 2014 General Election

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Sherry A., Oct 23, 2014.

1. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Speaking of wacko Logic, when I was raised to be an extreme Conservative in the John Birch Society these folks were terrified of Government ID's, it was Big Brother coming to get them. Now that they found it could work to their advantage it is the greatest thing since sliced cheese!

2. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Pirate just "claims" to be against government intrusion as do a few others on here. If they really believed it they would be against this for reasons other than I am.

Sherry

3. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

They are against big government, unless it is for something they want. They are against government spending unless it is for something they desire. They want to protect their rights, but those of other people are not a concern.

4. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter Well-Known Member

What do liberals have to do with this?

5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I know you have never let a fact get in your way, but the TSA has stated right on their website that you do not need a picture ID to get on a plane, actually per the TSA you don't need any ID.

http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-information/acceptable-ids

Another Kicker, a Weapons Permit is acceptable to vote in North Carolina but the TSA will not recognize it as a form of ID.

6. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

Well you have no reason to see TSA if the airline will not let you get your boarding pass! They always ask for a picture ID when I fly. Even at the gate.

Oh well just make sure you show your ID to Vote!

7. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

You have no clue! Why don't you go help the Ebola cases in West Africa! No better place for you.

8. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

You do realize that the only time I ever show the airline my ID is if I am checking a bag, I am not sure if it is even needed then.

You can now print your boarding passes at home and go directly to the TSA.

9. Wayne Stollings

:iagree:

10. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

You have to show ID to TSA at the security checkpoint to fly.

http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-information/acceptable-ids

11. Wayne Stollings

Second paragraph:

We understand passengers occasionally arrive at the airport without an ID, because of losing it or inadvertently leaving it at home. If this happens to you, it does not necessarily mean you won't be allowed to fly. If you are willing to provide additional information, we have other ways to confirm your identity, like using publicly available databases, so you can reach your flight.

12. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Boy they sure are holding onto that last straw real hard aren't they.

Maybe they will realize that life goes on without their treasured Big Brother ID's. Let alone the realization that most people that don't have IDs probably would not be getting on an airplane in the first place. Hell my Mothers first flight was in her late 40's and the only reason she did that was to go to my Wedding, she loved it and then flew whenever she could afford it.

13. Wayne Stollings

The voting judge describing the procedure for 2016 to the couple in front of me in line today tried to tell them the procedure was not discriminatory when they pointed it out. She was not happy when I pointed out the courts would probably have to make that determination and should do so before the phase in.

14. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

But, she knew your name w/o looking it up, didn't she Captain Obvious.

15. Wayne Stollings

No, but she was not the one doing that job either. The judge who looked me up did so without the need for any additional ID, just the proper spelling of my name and confirmation of my address ..... just as every other time prior.

16. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

You don't get out much, do ya'?

Sherry

17. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

So they needed you to spell Captain or Obvious?

18. Wayne Stollings

Neither, but I understand how easily that could confuse you.

19. Wayne Stollings

I can't help but ask how the two Presidents Bush factor into this? Or McCrory and Tillis and the gang.

Is it just the presidential elections after the second Bush that are affected and if so why just those elections and not others?

What exactly happened to cause such a change after a couple of centuries?

20. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

You people are exhausting. You should try going outside, where there are birds, trees and yes - REAL people.