What are they building at White Oak?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Tangie, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Tangie

Tangie Active Member

I was wondering if anyone knew what was being built beside Wendy's/in front of Target?

The structure is interesting and has my curiosity peaked.

2. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Coastal Federal Credit Union is building a Stand alone branch.

3. Tangie

Tangie Active Member

Thanks Rocky!!!

4. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

You're welcome. Someone had posted it in another thread. I deal with Coastal and when I was in the branch a few weeks ago I asked them just to verify

5. Tangie

Tangie Active Member

A man in the know! I like it :)

A Sonic would've been fun there though.

6. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

There used to be a Sonic in Clayton, it's Liberty something now.

7. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Used car place that always gets flooded when the Little Creek rises after some big rains.

8. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

I think the Sonic business model and land use is flawed. There are a number of Sonic locations that have gone under and leave a eyesore because the sites can't easily be adapted for anther use. Clayton is fortunate to have a used car dealership take over, but it is even somewhat unsightly.

9. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

The one in Clayton was probably doomed regardless, but poor service did them in. It's hard to build loyal customers by selling cold hot dogs and melted ice cream.

10. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Agreed. Although my point was more from a planning perspective. Sonic structures are such a specialized use that cities and town should require some sort of corporate claw-back provision if they don't make a good go of it and close shop too soon.

11. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

No hell they shouldn't. The town doesn't own the land. Next you'll want them to outlaw going out of business.

12. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

You mean they should not just wait until they condemn the buildings and have the owners demolish them when they have been empty for sufficient periods? Having unusable empty buildings would be any town or city's dream .... for blight. It might even improve the adjacent property values in some bizzaro world.

13. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

I do not know what they are called, but I have heard of some towns requiring a reserve be held in the event of cases like this. This is only for certain, specialized development types that do not lend themselves well to any other adaptive re-use. That reserve is paid up front by the business/developer and held by the town in the event demolition is necessary.

14. Wayne Stollings

It seems like I have heard of this too, but I cannot put my finger on when or where.

I have seen the building permits twisted to an extreme level in the attempt to get an expanded overview of a property, so this type of requirement would not be that unusual.

15. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

Like Clayton needs to add to the already oppressive development process! There is a reason that Commercial Entities rarely pick Clayton for development.

16. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

I read your statement. I have also seen Hwy 70. Between the two I can tell you have no idea what you are talking about. The Clayton development process has been an 'anything goes' process. No continuity, barely any traffic abatement, etc. It is a laughable, but not as bad as 4042 area. Clayton's motto - "if it fits in the space and they'll pay taxes, then built it!"

17. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

Why pay the enormous fees when they can build outside the Clayton zoning limits?

18. Wayne Stollings

So there is no new development in Clayton or is this just another assumption unsupported by any real evidence?

19. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

You are such a moron! Of course there is some development.

Go talk to people in the real world that pays too develop land and add jobs.....

Oh wait you are part of moronic Commie liberals that actually think the Government creates jobs! Good luck with that! I am sure Comrade Hillary will be a great Savior for the reject that we have had for the last 6 years..

Just what America needs...... Monica Lewinsky's former Boyfriends wife as Commander in Chief. I am sure she will desecrate the office in similar ways if elected

20. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

When did you move back? lol

Sherry