One-Stop (Early) Voting for November 4, 2014 General Election

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Sherry A., Oct 23, 2014.

1. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

I voted early. Sign said state your party affiliation. I advise worker she did not need this information as this was general election. No party specific voting. She said that is OK you party is indicated in the computer.

PS I have been outside all morning Dont Care !!! LOL

2. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

3. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

So illegals can vote if they are registered via the Motor Voter law enacted in the 1990's, which registered them while applying for a driver's license (as long as they attest they are citizens).

So how is asking for that valid ID in two years going to fix anything? They are illegal, they have an ID, they are registered. Now what?

4. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

You have to seriously ask what the problem is?

Perhaps you think we should invite Putin to send some of his people here illegally to vote as well. Perhaps a few from North Korea also.

They are illegal and illegible to vote!

5. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

The voter ID would require something like the drivers license that allowed the voter registration ..... is there another major point we are missing in this attempt to make a case where none exists?

the Motor Voter Law of 1993. This law allowed people to register to vote at the same time they got their drives licenses, so long as they ATTEST that they are citizens.

6. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Yes, since you seem to have lost the logical train.

According to the link you provided, the problem was the illegal aliens could register to vote when they got their drivers license. You follow so far?

The voter ID law would require a picture ID such as a drivers license.

You remember the drivers license they were supposedly getting when they also registered?

How again would this prevent them from voting if they are A. registered, B. have a valid picture ID in the form of the aforementioned drivers license, and C. the will to vote?

If you are proposing to give them drivers licenses first, they probably could vote even with your new law.

And the voter ID law would not prevent them from voting if they already have the ID in the form of the drivers license.

7. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

My point is if they have a legal ID, then how is asking for it going to solve anything? Your article points to the fact that illegals are voting, but they have a driver's license. So.....?