Question for graduates of Early College Academy

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ferrickhead28, Nov 5, 2014.

1. ferrickhead28

ferrickhead28 Well-Known Member

I was just curious of what colleges some of the graduating/already graduated students of Early College Academy are attending.

Is it true that not one student has been accepted to NCSU?

We are going to start touring colleges soon, just curious to see what colleges previous students are currently enrolled in. :)

2. kevinsmithii

kevinsmithii Well-Known Member

According to my boy who is currently attending ECA that is not true. But then, there have been only 4 graduating classes and at most 50 per class. with the economic status of the students at the ECA(they give preference to 1st generation college students) most will attend where a scholarship is offered.

3. ferrickhead28

Thats what I thought too. A couple of the students had said that not one ECA student has been accepted to NCSU which I thought was a bit far fetched. Still a great program, my child loves attending ECA!

4. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Does your son know any of the ECA that graduated last year. I know I had to take bio112 as one of the classes I needed to graduate, and one of the girls at my table was with ECA and I know she graduated. I remember her first name was Elana or Alana. If he knows he she could probably answer the question.

5. kevinsmithii

kevinsmithii Well-Known Member

Yes he knows Alana!!

6. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

She may know the answer to the question. She was a very smart young lady. I was very impressed with her.

7. Tardevil

Tardevil Well-Known Member

Mr. Allred (Alred?) would be able to give a comprehensive list of all grads and their choices.

8. JPQuick

JPQuick Member

Yes NCSU Accepts ECA Students

My stepdaughter graduated from ECA last year and currently attends NCSU.

9. ferrickhead28

THANK YOU!!!
    My child wants to apply to NCSU, but somehow got it in her head that NCSU has never accepted a student from ECA... *sigh. Kids. :)