Cleveland Draft House - Clayton

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by gcoats3, Nov 21, 2014.

1. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

is open

2. youwish2bme

youwish2bme Well-Known Member

As long as they think it's okay to recook food that you have already been served I will not go there... I had burger come out at the 312 location what was raw and they put it back on the grill and told me that any germs would be killed...

Hitch

3. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

What germs? Your own? Unless it fell on the floor or something?

And a 400+ degree grill will kill any bacteria. Very little can survive above 200 degrees. And the stuff that does you wouldn't find in your food, usually around lava tubes and such.

4. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

The hubs and I went in for lunch and sat at the bar. Nice staff, quick service, cold beer. We enjoyed it! Two thumbs up here!

5. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

sounds good. looking forward to 1st visit.

6. TBonz

TBonz Member

Now Two?

Is this a second Cleveland Draft House? Their web site shows one in Garner, not Clayton and doesn't mention anything about multiple locations...

Sorry but being new to the area I'm trying to figure it out...

Thanks!

7. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Yes, it's a second location - right by the CVS at Shotwell & 70.

8. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

I'm sure they will update their website shortly. They do have a Facebook page that includes info on the new location.

9. TBonz

TBonz Member

Thank you!

Excellent info! I look forward to checking it out in the next several weeks!

:cheers:

10. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

We went there for an early dinner tonight. Fast service, good burgers and fries, cold beer...

We will be back! :cheers:

11. PoohBear

PoohBear Well-Known Member

Per a volunteer at Johnston Health - Clayton (hospital on Hwy 42W).
    Cleveland Draft House in Clayton just made a big mistake. One of the department heads at Johnston Health made reservations for 20 for private lunch and meeting. They called Cleveland Draft House the day prior to event to reconfirm and was informed the space was not available. The space had been given to a a party of 50.

12. molly2008

molly2008 Well-Known Member

Big mistake? What do you think is going to happen?

13. PoohBear

PoohBear Well-Known Member

Personally based on this information I will not plan a group lunch there. The volunteer indicated that other departments at Johnston Health Clayton will not be using Clayton's Cleveland Draft House either. This may be OK as this group would not be drinking beer at lunch and the party of 50 may have been a group that did not have to return to work and take care of patients. Party hardy type.

14. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

:confused:
    What in the world are you talking about? Are you high? And what difference does it make to you? Your post last night was middle school level at best, but this one is just stupid and really uncharacteristic of your usual posts. Why the bee in your bonnet?

15. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

If a facility cancels a contract, which a confirmed reservation is in essence, in order to make another contract they think will make them more money it tells all other groups that their contract will be honored unless a better one comes around even at the last minute. Thus, only the largest group around should ever consider making such a reservation because it may not be honored and those involved may have to find another venue at short notice. It is making short term profits at the expense of long term business.

The reference to the possible consumption of beer indicates another level of profit for the new group over the old reservation. The profit margin on alcohol is substantial for the restaurant industry as a whole. Thus, more people and those who drink alcohol translate into more profit at that point in time. Longer term damage to the customer base, maybe be worse.

16. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

a good point was made concerning profit margin due to alcohol consumption. I don't think the post was all that bad.. this is a informational forum often times to point out issues with businesses, good or bad.

if in fact the draft house did this to a group who had reservations and didn't have the common courtesy to even notify group of the cancellation than it was a terrible decision by them and doesn't serve them all to well moving forward.

17. space_cowboy

space_cowboy Well-Known Member

Pure speculation.

18. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Hey.. one of your best posts ever.. Bub lol

19. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

I understand the post about cancelling, just not sure why they felt it necessary to dream up a story about the group of 50 when they haven't a clue about the facts of the situation. And "informational" is a stretch when it comes to gossip, unconfirmed rants, speculation, and delusional what ifs.

20. molly2008

molly2008 Well-Known Member

My goodness, let the world come to a screeching halt because some doctors got bumped. :nopity:

It may have been a simple mistake, these things happen. I'd be irritated if it was me, but life goes on and there is plenty of business should you decide not to book your lunches there. I highly doubt it will be the end of them.

I don't really see what relevance the profession had except to seem more important than it is.