Knolls at the Neuse?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by jcmdl412, Dec 2, 2014.

1. jcmdl412

jcmdl412 Member

My parents are considering putting an offer on a new house in this neighborhood. Does anyone care to share any pros/cons about this neighborhood? The new construction looks solid and the area seems to be quiet and pleasant. Just want to make sure they aren't missing anything. Thank you!

2. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

3. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I'm not familiar with Knolls at the Nuese, but I know a lot of people that live in Riverwood and are very happy.

Why is it a bad sign in your book? Is there a true reason or is it simply because of his politics?

4. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Yup. Her ignorance with hatred towards a rich older white republican. That's her kryptonite. Lol

5. Sherry A.

I have friends who have lived in Riverwood since it began. They tell me they've had problems with the roads, homes and swimming pool from the beginning and yet nobody listens or fixes the problems correctly. He had the same problems with developments in Raleigh, which friends of mine lived in for a while until they became so frustrated they dumped the homes and moved.

Not a thing to do with politics on this one.

Sherry

6. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

Likely story....bottom line is do not take advice about Fred Smith's development from someone that got thoroughly whupped when she tried to run against him.

Did you even get 10% of the vote when he trounced you?

7. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

So.. Did mercy rule come into play?

8. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

So the developer is responsible from cradle to grave? Interesting, the state takes over the streets and the Homeowners association usually takes over the pool and charges dues to keep it up. Typical liberal thinking. Homes require upkeep also.

9. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Guy's you are the ones who brought in the politics.

If you think you must really dwell on this take it to the pit.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
  10. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I have also been told the same thing by friends who lived there. They loved the community but the home was not quality made (esp for the price). NOT my personal experience...just from folks I know...and I don't give a flip about politics. ;)

11. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Actually, sorry about this, but Sherry speaks the truth.

12. kevinsmithii

kevinsmithii Well-Known Member

I know of a couple of the builders that have built in Knolls, Jerry Gower and RHC Const. Both build quality houses and have been in business many years. Don't know about pool and /or roads though.

13. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

someone (sherry) who to my knowledge does not even reside in johnston county needs to do their homework before blaming fred smith for problems in knolls at the neuse. check fred smith company properties. no knolls at the neuse!
    knolls at the neuse original developer was gregg johnson. he died in 2010 while on a mission in equador. i do not know who current developer is but i am confident it is not fred smith.
    to jump at opportunity to bash fred smith has been sherry's mo since losing to him in election. she cites "friends" who live in fred smith communities as being unhappy. let those friends speak for themselves.
    bashing knolls at the neuse because you "think" it is a fred smith community is wrong sherry!!!!!!!!! stick to the facts not heresay!

14. Sherry A.

I gave a link where Knolls uses Riverwood's facilities. <fact> If I were building a $300k home and was going to use the facilities I would want to know how those facilities were run and built. But, that's just me......I lived in Johnston County for 16 years and just recently moved. I do believe I know what I'm talking about.......thanks.

Sherry

15. Sherry A.

Um, nope. Actually Fred and I are friends and I state the same things to his face and I do behind his back; unlike others around here. How about getting over the pettiness and moving along on the same tired old thing of politics between Fred and me. If others had the backbone to run for an office you might understand some people can separate things.

Sherry

16. Sherry A.

Did you get beat up a lot in school?

Sherry

17. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Dang Sherry, Do real friends really say things like this on internet?
    "If it is affiliated with Riverwood and/or Fred Smith I would not recommend it. It looks as though the Athletic Club, swimming pool and golf are associated with Riverwood/Fred, which is what Knolls at the Neuse would use, and that is a bad sign."

18. Sherry A.

Yes, I am not saying anything personally bad about Fred, I am stating something about the company. Can people not distinguish between the two? We can!

Sherry

19. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

Nope, not once not ever! And that has what exactly to do with the trouncing that Fred Smith gave you in the election?

Perhaps that is it. Your "good friend" felt better running against a warm body than no one. Probably got more votes that way. Anybody but Sherry!

I will agree with one of your "platforms"..... it really was a "Moon Shot" to think NC would have the best k-12 system given the mess the Democrats made of it.

Kinda like your chances in the general election was a "Moon Shot"

20. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

You guys can nit pick a booger out of an ant.

Here is some of what Sherry was talking about in regards to the streets etc..

http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/06/17/537110_clayton-residents-press-for-riverwood.html?rh=1 June 17, 2010

From a post in City-Data..

I rented in Riverwood for 18 months - homes are cheap, lousy quality. I was in a house that was about 5 years old and the whole HVAC system took a dive. My heating bill was crazy: Like $500 a month. Fred Smith builds cookie cutter homes. If you decide to go with Riverwood, be sure to have custom home money 300K....4 of my neighbors actually LEFT their homes to get foreclosed on in Riverwood (since last summer - INCLUDING my landlord after I moved out) to get out of the stupid community rules, cheap houses with mad repair issues, raggedy carpet, after 6+ years, siding blowing off at the slightest storm, and being out in the middle of nowhere (although they just opened a Food Lion across the street from Riverwood). TOO much $ for the house - And what kind of house are you going to have in 20 years? One that you've had to make major repairs on, no doubt. Check the foreclosure listings for Riverwood and other areas - can certainly bring down the ole property value :) I'd rather have a quality home that I know will maintain resale value - Go on Johnston County property tax information and check out some homes there..... you'll be shocked at the plummeting sales prices - people are taking huge losses trying to get out of Riverwood homes.

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/forum/rale...layton-walnut-creek-sale-2.html#ixzz3Ks5Itr4i

Granted, the street situation was a few years ago and there are still on-going issues with the streets out there. Some of what she said is 100% true. The first few phases of Heddingham (another subdivision of his) there were many issues similar to these when it was just a few years old as well.

It took the Town of Clayton basically telling Fred that if you dont fix the streets, and fix them quickly, there will be no more development or building permits issued until it gets fixed. Fred did his best to get out of it but in the end was unable to.