Laminate flooring Installer recommendations

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Hatteras6, Nov 29, 2014.

1. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Folks,
    who would you recommend to do a laminate floor installation?
    thanks...H6

2. Green Acres

Green Acres New Member

I would have to ask if you are really, really, sure that you want a laminate floor?

We have had them and will never own another one. They buckle, delaminate, expand and contract (to a fault) and well...the rest of my complaint would be a personal opinion.

Best of luck to you though.:)

3. Pepper Jack

Pepper Jack Well-Known Member

If you have a moisture problem then stay away from the laminates. If not then go for it. The only complaint I have is that they are noisy. If you drop a coin it is loud.

4. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

Do you already have the laminate? if not, I can recommend Thad's Carpet One on Atlantic Ave in Raleigh. I got my laminate there. A handyman and I tried to do it, but we weren't so successful, so I went back to the store, and they sent a crew (subs I'm sure) out to do it for a very reasonable price. They did the LR, small hall and two tiny closets in no time.

Got a good deal on the flooring, too. They buy a truckload of stuff from time to time and offer it at a good price. The flooring I got, regular price was over 3.00.sq ft, I paid 99 cents.

5. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Not if you buy a quality product. My parents have had it in about 800 sq ft of their house for the past 10 years, along with many dogs. Looks great still.

I know many people that love it.

6. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

My son installed maple hardwood in his house, which was to help counter the damage his dogs could do to softer floors. A friend of his installed fairly cheap engineered flooring just before that. The engineered floor is unscrartched with 3 large dogs while my son'e floor is clearly showing wear from only 1 larger dog.
    The engineered flooring does have a much louder response to the dogs walking on it, but is does hold up well.

7. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Thanks, all. C6 found the color she wants, at a price she'll pay, and got a nice installation to boot. It'll be installed on the 13th...