Outdoor surveillance security system

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Pinky, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Pinky

Pinky Well-Known Member

Does any have an outdoor surveillance security system that you could recommend? I know nothing about them but would like to purchase one that serves its purpose without breaking the bank. Thanks!

2. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

We have had a Uniden Guardian system for some time now. It was not that expensive, it handles up to four cameras, has a portable screen about the size of a smart phone, records (triggered by movement) onto an SD card in the viewer if you like, and can be also monitored by a smart phone when in range. The cameras are color and night vision too. I think it was $150 - $175 when we bought it and it has been working 24/7 for some years now.

3. Pinky

Pinky Well-Known Member

Perfect! Thank you for your much needed direction.

4. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

I was just looking at some of the Uniden wireless systems and those similart o ours are about $300.00 on Amazon. I know we did not pay that much, but not sure where we picked it up. BJs or Sams are most probable, but Costco is not excluded.

I know I picked up a wireless 5 phone system at Sams a while back for about half the normal price because they were switching model numbers in their inventory. That may have also been the case with the camera system.

5. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

I have an 8 camera Defender, had it for a few years, works amazing. Their newer systems are even better. Great prices too if you look around.

http://defender-usa.com/

6. 740i Guy

740i Guy Well-Known Member

I've been using an old PC and two cheap webcams and this free software.

http://www.yawcam.com/

Takes some tweaking to get everything right and if you have a old PC that can run 24/7 you can do it for around $40, or the cost of two or three cheap cameras.