Makeup Artist

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Luvgoose1, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

Looking for a local person to do makeup for this Mother of the Bride. Most of the experts are young and used to working on the bride and young bridesmaids but I need someone experienced in someone older...mostly the eyes! Have tried people at makeup counters and either end up looking like an old lady with too much makeup or nothing that makes droopy or puffy eyelids look good for pictures. This MOB wants to look good for pictures too!

2. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I am not trying to be morbid, rude or disrespectful, but what about a person who does the make up in a mortuary. They have to make their customer look natural. I got thinking of the Ally Sheedy character from the movie "Only the Lonely" with John Candy.

Just an odd thought.

3. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

No disrespect taken Rocky....but my guess is those type of makeup artists are not working on open eyes....and that's the issue I'm encountering. We women in our early 50's lose that defined crease that we used to have,so the shading and placing of shadow is critical to give an uplifted appearance. It was actually a good suggestion but it's primarily the eyes I need help with. Thanks for the suggestion though!