Problems with Curbside Clips

Discussion in 'Cat Dog' started by snowdio, Jan 18, 2015.

1. snowdio

snowdio Well-Known Member

I don't like to post anything negative because everyone can have an off day but I just wanted to see if anyone else had problems with Curbside Clips mobile grooming. The good things were Rachel was very prompt and reasonably priced. Personality wise there were no apparent issues either. However the actually grooming turned out to be very bad. The odor she left on my dog was extremely unpleasant. It's really hard to describe but it was almost a combination of a skunk and cleaner type of odor. Very unpleasant. I have had my dog done at other salons and she comes back with a very nice scent from other grooming salons. My dog smelled better being dirty. Not sure what she used but it was HORRIBLE. The second issue was she told me she clipped one of her nails too close but it wasn't bleeding. Well I put my dog back in her kennel inside and stepped away for 30 minutes and when I came back the floor had ALOT of blood from her nail. So those two things alone are bad enough and there is a 3rd thing that I can not prove right now but I am taking my dog to the vets to see what they think. When I took my dog in the car the next morning her breath was really bad. When I checked her mouth one of her front teeth is now cracked. I never noticed that before her grooming. Again I can't prove anything yet so I am not accusing anyone because I need to have her vet take a good look to see what they think caused it. I'm just saying it's strange I only noticed it after the grooming and she drives with me every day in the car. But the bad smell and bleeding nails are factual.
    Again I'm NOT saying the groomer is a bad person or did it on purpose but you need to let your clients know if you do anything like this.

2. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

Have you discussed it with her or ask her about what may have happened?

3. snowdio

No I hadn't yet. Not sure what to do about it yet.

4. snowdio

I know she had been recommended by some people in here so I was wondering if anyone experienced any issues.

5. poppin cork

I use her and have not had any problems but she would probably appreciate being able to address the problem before you put it on a public message board. I feel that was a poor decision on your part. Carry on.

6. snowdio

I appreciate your opinion but I have to respectfully disagree that posting on a message board was a poor decision. I never said anything about her as a person. I also was not mean about it. When you are dealing with a business and you are a paying customer there is nothing wrong with sharing your experiences with other people to see if they had any similar issues. All businesses need to be held at a certain standard and are a public entity. It was NOT intended to be a personal knock and I even said everyone can have a bad day. How can companies make improvements unless they get feedback?

7. poppin cork

They can't. That's why you should tell her, instead of possibly hurting her business by coming on here without even discussing it with her.

tassy likes this.
  8. molly2008

molly2008 Well-Known Member

You attempt to give feedback privately and give them a chance to remedy the situation before you go blasting it on a forum.

9. snowdio

I'm sorry if I offended anyone. That was NOT my intention. I'm sorry if people think it was wrong to post my dissatisfaction with a business service I received.
    As a society it seems that we have become so sensitive to everything that you can get blasted by other people by just sharing your experience with a business transaction you've had. I don't want to argue about it and I apologize if people didn't like it but I was only trying to see if anyone else had any issues. If the moderator thinks the original post is not appropriate then I have no issues with them removing it.

10. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

If anyone is offended oh well,, now I do think it would've been more appropriate if you had spoken with Curbside first and if you weren't happy than with what and how they handled it and came here you'd probably gotten a different feedback.. possibly.

Damn between you and Pooh bear... LOL.

11. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Do you think this is Angie's List, Twitter, or Yelp or any of the other on-line venues for discussion of businesses/service/products? :mrgreen:

Of course it is appropriate to discuss dissatisfaction here and it would be good for there to be a reply to your concerns here as well.

(I have had issues with other businesses that were difficult to resolve until I resorted to social media and then there was a swift response .... just my $0.02)

12. poppin cork

She didn't try to resolve anything with the business owner. She came on here and started the drama. I can understand you supporting this but anyone with character wouldn't.

13. snowdio

poppin cork, I feel like you are attacking me for just posting the experience I had with a business and maybe that is not your intention. But If it is then of course I respect your right to feel the way you do. However I find it a little upsetting that you chastise me for posting my displeasure with a business that I've dealt with but you yourself have posted negative comments about "Anchor Trash" under the General Discussion section of these boards. Why is it OK for you to say something negative about a business when it is simply your opinion (which again you do have a right to) and not fact? Why didn't you do as you told me and discuss it privately with them first ?

This is YOUR OWN QUOTE on that page:
    "Thanks, I'd still be afraid to trust them. Self made web site a second grader could do with very little info about the company."

Again I mean no disrespect but needed to stick up for myself.

14. Wayne Stollings

To be honest, what requirement for resolution is there to ask if others have had a similar experience? A review is a review and a request for information for similar concerns is often a part of such a review.

15. poppin cork

And being a decent human being is a choice. Both of you try it one time instead of hiding behind a damn message board. I'm out.

16. snowdio

poppin cork you still haven't addressed how your comments about the business Anchor Trash is any different. You personally said negative things about a business you haven't even used. How is that right? I respectfully ask that you explain that? Anyone can go to that thread and see what you said about that business. Why are you attacking my character by saying I'm not a decent human being when all I did was post my experience about business dealings? I never made personal attacks like you have. But again that's what makes this country great. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and you do have the right to feel or say what you want. It's all good but you need to look inside yourself before you down someone for the same thing you have done in another thread on these boards.

17. Wayne Stollings

Don't worry about it. Some have blinders to their own double standards and refuse to even try to see what they do. You may notice they will be the first to attack and also the first to run away when they are cornered.

18. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Having just read the thread about Anchor, I'd say that pc was just stating his opinion that he would not trust them based on their website - just an opinion. I don't see where he said that their business wasn't good.

19. poppin cork

You have read correctly. Thanks, pc.

20. snowdio

I agree we all have the right to our opinions. That is fine.
    But poppin cork didn't need to insult Anchor Trash to have an opinion.
    He said, "Self made web site a second grader could do with very little info about the company"
    Common sense would tell you that his comment was a dig against the company without having
    actual have used their services. Again I defend his right to say it but if you are going to voice an
    opinion WITHOUT facts, don't call out other people for doing the same.
    It makes you come across as self righteous and hypocritical.
    Is poppin cork a web developer? What makes him the expert on web design?
    So it is only his opinion that Anchor Trash's website looks like it was made by a second grader.
    Again I have never been to their site so I don't have an opinion, but he does which is fine.
    Just don't make yourself out to be better then me for posting a negative review about a business
    I ACTUALLY did business and then you can turn around and post an opinion on one that you don't even
    know. Don't you think that could hurt their business too?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015