Cleveland Draft House - Clayton

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by gcoats3, Nov 21, 2014.

1. molly2008

molly2008 Well-Known Member

And this. Good drinks & good service for the most part. Food? Ehhhh

2. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter Well-Known Member

Im guessing the 2008 in your name was the year you were supposed to graduate from HS because no adult is agreeing with you.

3. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

LOL..

4. Kdog

Kdog Well-Known Member

I have been the new one many times now and been to the old one many times too. I place is nice to play pool, drink and hang out but the food is terrible IMO. I have given the food a chance many times and nothing jumps out at me as its good food.

5. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

If I were the owner and this happened someone's head would fly. It is a huge mistake to any business to not honor a contract, verbal or written. Bad business and word of mouth can make or break a business. So, yep, it's a big mistake!

You may think it's okay, and that someone can rearrange schedules within 24 hours, but most professional and/or good mannered people don't think that's okay. Good thing they called to reconfirm, don't 'cha think, since the business did not?

Sherry

6. BuzzMyMonkey

Umm no big deal.. Mc Kinleys is just across the way.. I'm sure they would've been accommodating.

7. BuzzMyMonkey

I'll go out on a limb here... it's quite evident, your boss isn't Obama than.

8. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

So how many of you have actually spoken with one of the owners and know the true facts of what happened? Or is it easier to just join the haters bandwagon and condemn the place based on assumptions and heresay......Personally, I make my decisions based on truth and facts.

9. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I'm not saying anything about this one place, but in general as a response to the person who stated it's "no big deal". It is a big deal to any business owner and to those who planned on a specific place.

Whether it's this place or any other, if this happened it is not good business.

Sherry

10. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I pm'd the OP with the owners name, should they want to pursue the issue with management. I would bet he didn't know that happened.

11. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter Well-Known Member

Molly sounded convincing.....

12. INTHEBUFF

INTHEBUFF Well-Known Member

I've had a lot of experience with booking this type of thing and a lesson was learned a long time ago. When booking lunch/dinner for a group you should always get the confirmation in writing. It took being burned only once and I learned to get this type of thing confirmed on paper/emailed confirmation etc. even with that I don't just double check, I triple check with phone calls several times. If there wasn't confirmation in writing, suck it up and move on and call it a lesson well learned. Otherwise it's a matter of he/she said etc. And for sure the world is not coming to an end over this.

13. Stinger_6

Stinger_6 Well-Known Member

We went there once and Mrs. Stinger and I prefer the original CDH. Then again, we only go out to a bar once every couple of months. Some of you lushes live at the local bars.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015