Rezoning of 40/42 on the Agenda

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by jesse82nc, Jan 28, 2015.

1. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

February FYI:

http://www.johnstonnc.com/files/board/February2_RezoningAgenda.pdf

SPECIAL USE PERMIT MODIFICATION:
    A request to modify the Special Use Permit for 323.3 acres zoned Interstate Highway Interchange Special Use District (IHI-SUD) located on Son-Lan Parkway and at the I-40/NC 42 Interchange in Cleveland Township. This modification will add multi-family and single family residential uses to areas previously designated as Retail/Office. Tax ID: 06E02002; 06D01022. Owners: Son-Lan Classic Development Company, Applicant: Son-Lan Classic Development Company. Based on the Findings of Facts and the Special Use Conditions, the Planning Board recommended APPROVAL of the Special Use modification request.

2. jesse82nc

3. PoohBear

PoohBear Well-Known Member

Dang there goes Six Flags over 40/42!

4. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Wow that's a big change in planning

5. jesse82nc

Yea, basically 140 acres will now be Mixed-Residential. Up to 550 units. So could be another 1200-2000 people living in that area. Will certainly add to the rush hour traffic at the 40/42 interchange.

I'm interested to see what restaurants/retail ends up coming in. Personally, I would love a Carrabbas. :)

The permit is valid for 2 years, they have until then to put it to use. At which time they can request to extend it.

6. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I'd love to see them bring a Super Target out here to compete with Wally World. Not just a Target with a added on grocery dept like they did at White Oak but like the Super Target up in Wake Forest.

7. Stinger_6

Stinger_6 Well-Known Member

Keep hope alive, Pooh!

8. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter Well-Known Member

Meh...that's over there on the other side of the tracks. Let them eat cake.

9. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

We have been following this and if you read the fact findings - it states that this will not add anymore units. The original request was for the 550 units back in 2009, I believe. So if you believe the planning department staff and Lanny Clifton we have nothing to be concerned about.

10. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

West kicks east's arse.

11. rntobe

rntobe Well-Known Member

great more traffic,,,,just what we need in that area!

12. jesse82nc

That's exactly what I said, 550 units. If you figure an average of 2.5 people per unit, that's 1375 people. But it could be lower or higher.