Clogged Culvert Pipe Help

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by atarot, Jan 27, 2015.

1. atarot

atarot Member

We live down a dirt road that has 2 clogged Culvert pipes! Does anyone know of a JoCo company that cleans these out? Any help would be appreciated!!!

2. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

Even though this may be a dirt road, it may still be county maintained. Call the County Road dept and see if they cover it. It just might get cleaned out for free. Best of luck

3. atarot

atarot Member

Clogged Culvert Pipe

It is not county maintained. I think I am screwed. :(

4. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

I didn't know that NC had county DOTs? I thought all roads in the state were either state roads or municipal/private roads? I know the roads in my neighborhood are maintained by the state as they have state road numbers assigned to them. Even the ones that only have like 10 houses on the street.

Anyway, You can check with these guys - http://www.poolesplumbing.com/commercial-plumbing-services/hydro-jett-clear-clean-services/

If they can't do it, they can probably tell you someone that can.

5. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

do you pay taxes in the county? Then call em and have em come look at it at least!!!!

a former client of mine had this issue so I told him to call the county. (Johnston County) and they came and fixed it within the week.
    I would have done the work, but it's better they do it. After all, don't we pay taxes for this?

6. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

Not for private property upkeep.

7. Pepper Jack

Pepper Jack Well-Known Member

It won't hurt to try an if it is a storm water drainage issue the county might want to get involved

8. atarot

atarot Member

Thanks!!!