American Hero?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by cosmicvagabond, Feb 7, 2015.

1. cosmicvagabond

cosmicvagabond Well-Known Member

Anybody know what happened to the American Hero sub shop near 40/42 and at the clayton wal mart?

2. PoohBear

PoohBear Well-Known Member

When did the one in WalMart shopping center in Clayton close?

3. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Looks like they closed a little over a week ago, based on comment on their Facebook page.

4. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hears this news. They had a very good cheesesteak sub. Will have to find another local sub shop.

5. Tardevil

Tardevil Well-Known Member

I have heard there is a sub/sandwich place behind the Starbucks across from Clayton WalMart. I haven't tried it, but a number of friends have raved.

6. Pepper Jack

Pepper Jack Well-Known Member

That is a really nice family @ the one at 4042. I wish them well.

7. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

It's Sak's Neighborhood Deli and they are very good!

8. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

The one at 40/42 closed a while ago, that is where Simple Twist is now.

9. Wraunch

Wraunch Well-Known Member

Simple twist is a much better place than American Hero. What's the verdict on the deli shop at 210 beside Food Lion?

10. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Big Steves Bagels?

11. gcoats3

The Best around!

12. Wraunch

Wraunch Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's the place. Best bagels around or overall deli? I so wish they would open a Bagels and More location near 40/42. That place is awesome in Holly Springs.

13. Pepper Jack

Pepper Jack Well-Known Member

Try Jersey Mike's. It is MUCH better than before, the big Kahuna is so good that I worry that I'm sinning the whole time I am eating it!

14. gcoats3

Unfortunately they also closed (several years ago) in Clayton.

15. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

I tried Sak's yesterday and while it was good, I felt it was over priced.

The item I purchased was on regular white bread (similar to texas toast) with pre-sliced (like Kraft) cheese.

16. PoohBear

PoohBear Well-Known Member

I agree. Went there once. Compared to American Hero across Hwy 70 it was not as good and a lot more expensive. But now American Hero is closed. Have to find a new deli in Clayton. But Big Steve's is excellent.

17. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I just had a really good Chicken Parm sub from Three Olives, I like their sub rolls.

Someone else just told me over the weekend that for a great traditional Italian sub to try the pizza place next to the Food Lion at Flowers Plantation. It's not real close to 4042, but not too far if you're already in Clayton.