42/70 bypass area

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by jesse82nc, Mar 10, 2015.

1. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

2. tukasiya

tukasiya Well-Known Member

No, I haven't seen this. A lot of land acquisition would have to take place for this pipe dream. Did you notice the bed and breakfast just southwest of the hospital entrance? I wonder if this is that huge brick home that sits back from the road. If so, I wonder if the home owner knows that it could be a bed and breakfast one day. I think that you will have many years before this grand plan would be put in place. I will be living in skull orchard before I see all of this. Dream on.

3. jesse82nc

I agree it is a pipe dream, but doing some searching online I was able to find minutes from planning meetings over the last 2-3 years where they rezoned areas within this and referenced this master plan as being the approved plan for the area.

http://www.townofclaytonnc.org/uplo...084a10a823ac9bbe6ba6e1/2012august06agenda.pdf

And the growth plan shows that area:
    http://www.townofclaytonnc.org/uplo...land use map - Strategic Growth Plan 2008.pdf

And yes, that big house is right where it says "Bed and Breakfast" lol.

4. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

This map is 8 years old. Obviously plans have already changed because Sheetz moved in among other things. Also, nothing on this map says anything about town limits (aside from the town logo).

Personally, I think the area needs more forward thinking planning like this with large parcel assemblages in order to make it work.

5. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Johnston Health Center requested annexation into Town of Clayton. Just saying!

6. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Yeah... I saw that years ago... the greenway trails and 2 cleared areas they show behind the hospital.. our cul-de-sac is there.. they don't have that much room between the back of the hospital and my house to do that. There is a large drop off behind the hospital to my property line. I don't see that part of the mapped out area happening. Infact the way the trails are drawn out, they look like they encompass our whole sub-division.

7. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Yes, but due to the forcible annexation moratorium there are significant hurdles to this. While they have requested it, I believe the moratorium also has language that prevents annexations unless they are currently contiguous with existing town limits. They would not have far to go, so I suppose they can buy additional property to circumvent this and create a corridor or sorts.

Now, as I type this I see in JoCo GIS that most of it is already in town limits. So I partially stand corrected. It is contiguous as well.

8. jesse82nc

9. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

Its better to have a plan, rather than what happened at 40/42

10. tukasiya

If you are referring to the traffic at 40/42, then I don't see this proposed plan being any better. This plan appears to show at least 4 additional intersections with the almost certain accompanying stoplights. With all of the apartments, condos, businesses, etc., traffic through there will be, as we say down South, moving as slow as molasses in January. As it is at 40/42, no one in Johnston County can seem to synchronize any stoplights for efficient traffic flow.

11. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

When I moved to the Raleigh area back in 1996 they were talking about synchronizing the traffic lights on Capitol Blvd. 19 years later they are still talking about synchronizing the lights on Capital. The only thing they have added or done to Capital Blvd was to add the red light cameras. Cha Ching. Welcome to the south.

12. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

Feel free to take I95 north back to Jersey! I am sure they will welcome you back with open arms. Then you would not need to finance a car port......you would be paying more taxes.

13. INTHEBUFF

INTHEBUFF Well-Known Member

North/South???? maybe you'd be surprised to learn that a lot of the contracted firms/companies involved in determining how to improve our state roads are contracted firms not from our state. Just an FYI.

Capital Blvd. will never have the stoplights working the way you would like, too many lights with little distance separating them and too many roads accessing that road to make it work. Every city I've been in has at least one main thoroughfare that has this same issue and I've lived in cities from West to East coast, no one city is perfect, they all have their road issues. Just best to avoid Cap. Blvd., it's what everyone I know does, take another road like Atlantic or I540

14. tukasiya

Rocky, so much for Southern hospitality. Remember, every village has it's idiot. The South has it's share, especially in Johnston County.

15. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

Talk to yourself old Indian Man.

Personally I am sick of hearing Rocky whine and complain about how we have nothing here like he had in Jersey or Florida or we do nothing like they did it in either place.

Why did he come here then? If he wants all that crap then move to where it is at.

To each his own but that drama queen throws it out there for everyone to see. Finally hit my boiliing point. I probably should put him on ignore so then every thread does not get twisted to him or how he can get attention.

16. tukasiya

I haven't started talking to myself, yet. That may come.

Rocky was correctly pointing out the the City of Raleigh planned years ago to synchronize the traffic signals. That has not happened. Maybe Raleigh's traffic management division is full of Southerners who don't know how to do that. Maybe they do this kind of thing better up "Nawth". Who knows? We all know that the traffic can be horrendous in the 40/42 and Clayton areas. It will get worse. I guess that you are fine with that. If not, then maybe you should move to Jersey where they may do it better.

Wana woe gla ka yo

17. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Lol.

18. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

Yes, we believe that most of road engineers are from Virginia Tech. That's why everyone loves the highway system in northern Virginia, not.

19. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

Talk about drama queen, wow. :chillpill:

20. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member