La Piazza in Clayton

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by tassy, Mar 12, 2015.

1. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Does anyone else follow La Piazza on Facebook? Anthony made a post eluding to opening a restaurant in Clayon! For those of us that kind of live in the middle between downtown Clayton and 40/42 this is awesome! Clayton needs a great italian place, it's been sorely lacking since Mulberry on Main closed.

:hurray:

2. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

This would be great news. Tell me more!

3. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I would if I knew more.... This is exactly what he posted "Clayton nc how youuuu doinnnnnnn coming to a theatre near you fugetabouttit blessed.........."

I asked a friend who talks to him frequently and she said he did confirm that he is, but the location is under construction and he wouldn't tell her until he is ready to make the announcement. She said, from his remarks it sounded like they are totally redoing an existing building.

My husband has a theory, but I don't know if that would work for a restaurant. I'll have to take a drive down Main St. and see if the place my husband mentioned has become vacant or being renovated.

4. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

5. gcoats3

Yep. I could not find a Facebook page either.
    There is vacant space close to Jones Cafe on Main Street. A lot of space. Used to be hardware in old days. Last was like a antique/thrift store I believe.
    Would love to have another good dining option in downtown Clayton.

6. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

I never ate at Mulberry on Main, but the owners reopened as Brick & Mortar and cater as well as host private events there. They do alot of corporate lunches and the food is amazing! My daughter just had her wedding reception there a few weekends ago and the food was wonderful! Just throwing this out in case you liked Mulberry on Main and have a need for a caterer for an event.

7. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Nope... I really hoped that idea would fail and they would reopen the restaurant, I know I'm not the only one..... they were a regular Friday night spot for us.

8. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

9. jesse82nc

10. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Beside Lonestar. :cool:

11. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

His Facebook page for the restaurant is called "Anthonys La Piazza", and something has happened to it since I looked at it this morning, because now it is saying that page is not available. So, I don't know what happened... but... what Grey said, I did hear that same thing later this afternoon. He is going where the Andys near the Lonestar in the Walmart shopping plaza in Clayton.

12. esther

esther Active Member

well personally I think they should clean up the place by Loews. Used to go there all the time and their score was so low I stopped going. Looks kinda dirty to me....

13. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

His last inspection was a 97.

14. esther

esther Active Member

well thank you.... I will have to go back in and try it out again... always liked the food, just looked like it could do with a fresh coat of paint

15. spy109

spy109 Well-Known Member

I have always had a good experience there. Classy place and not in Raleigh. Two big wins!

16. gcoats3

In mailing today: "Coming Soon. Anthony's Italian Pizza & Pasta, 12989 US 70 Bus Hwy W., Clayton, NC 27520 . Located in WalMart shopping center! Fuhgeddaboudit! What a taste!"

tassy likes this.
  17. jesse82nc

18. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Unless the companies are incorporporated in the same state or have a protected Trademark, there is no problem. In NC all that is required to have a different company now is to have one letter different from any other company incorporated in the state. That was not the case a couple of decades ago when the restrictions were tighter, but now there is no problem. Thus, there could be an "Anthony's Pizza" in every state and in some an "Anthony's Pizza and Pasta" as well.

19. jesse82nc

I know, but it sure makes things a pain when searching the internet.

20. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

I'm wondering why he doesn't just expand with the LaPiazza name. It would give him instant name recognition.