42/50

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by NCGIRL, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

We have to give BP a break since they still have to paqy for all of the damage they did in the Gulf and are facing billions in fines still. :eek: :)

2. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

That may be funny to you but to me it just says I really don't care! I like my coffee black and hot. I don't need a coffee shop to achieve that. Let's be serious, the demographics for that corner just wouldn't support a stand alone coffee shop of any type IMO. that's why places like Sheetz succeed where others fail, by multi tasking. They've got the fast food, gas and coffee, all covered. Shoot, that corner hasn't even been able to attract a tenant for the last out parcel in the center across the street! I'm not a Sheetz fan by any means, just a realist.

3. lawnboy

lawnboy Well-Known Member

Certainly not against competition, and yes that corner has been vacant and needs something, but there is a Lowes shopping center right across the street, with a Lowes gas station, and now there will be a big, bright, gaudy Sheetz/ Now, the only benefits of this will most likely be cheaper gas at both stations, which I am fine with, but if you know the area, you know:
    1) There is NO fast/quick/cheap/convenient food within 4 miles of here at the (busy, congested, clusterfu** of an interchange), nor within 10 miles down 42 in Fuquay, or up 50 at Timber - and what's at the interchange is not "quality" fast food. A Chickfila/Wendys/Arbys at 42/50 would have a line all day long. (I don't consider a push-to-order Weiner "quality fast food," but what do I know)
    2) A Sheetz will drive up traffic from people passing through looking for cheap gas, more than a nice fast food restaurant would drive up traffic from people in surrounding neighborhood looking to avoid 42/40.

Are you aware of the bottleneck this could create on 50? As it is, there is a 3 light cycle delay during rush hour

4. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

Sounds like you need to get off 4042 bitchin and buy some land so you can have a say in the development.

5. lawnboy

lawnboy Well-Known Member

I guess so! I'm just a lowly homeowner.

6. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Sorry when I saw that line it made me think of the movie "Airplane and this part"

Young Boy with Coffee: Excuse me, I happened to be passing, and I thought you might like some coffee.

Little Girl: Oh, that's very nice of you, thank you.

[takes coffee]

Little Girl: Oh, won't you sit down?

Young Boy with Coffee: Cream?

Little Girl: No, thank you, I take it black, like my men.

7. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Maybe you should become part of the JoCo Planning board, or attend some of their meetings at least. And then you can voice your opinions and make them make Sheetz update the roads and intersection there.

8. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

As far as Starbucks coffee goes hell it's cheaper to hit Wally World buy a qt of 30 weight motor oil and heat it up and add your fixings. It may even taste better.

lgb0250 and jesse82nc like this.
  9. PoohBear

PoohBear Well-Known Member

I agree! IMO Starbucks is overpriced and not that good.

10. molly2008

molly2008 Well-Known Member

Amen to that! Starbucks "coffee" is bitter, nasty, vile stuff, I don't know how anyone drinks it. I remember years ago I got some for the first time expecting some sort of coffee nirvana...............uh............no. :eek:

Rockyv58 likes this.
  11. Rockyv58

:iagree: I remember seeing a sign once that read "Friends don't let friends drink Starbucks" I always thought it was nasty tasting, I tried their hot chocolate once thinking it should be good. Heck I can make better Swiss Miss hot chocolate at home. Give me Dunkin' Donuts coffee any day.

If I want strong coffee I love real Cuban coffee like I use to get in Miami. Or Italian espresso

jesse82nc likes this.
  12. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

I recently found Community Dark Roast at WalMart. It was a coffee I liked while living in Louisiana.

13. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

I thought there already was a coffee shop at 4042 behind the Smithfield Chicken and BBQ???? It didn't take long to go out of business, if I recall ???????? Love My 100% Colombian Coffee from Walmart in my own coffee maker, lol........ :)

14. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

Sheetz is not ALWAYS the cheapest gas around. Just yesterday it was $2.299 at BJ's while $2.359 at the Sheetz at 42/Cornwallis. Last week there was a $.10 gal difference between the two in BJ's favor! Now I understand you get a $.03 discount when using your Sheetz card but that still doesn't make up the difference all the time.

Those that shop Lowes will be the ones that make out when the Sheetz at 42/50 opens. Sheetz will initially drive prices lower when they open and by using the Lowes card for discounts on gas we will make out even better. Sure, you're still going to get your $.03 discount at Sheetz but I may be getting a $.20 discount at Lowes even though published prices will probably be the same at both stores!

15. Rockyv58

It is now a scuba shop. But yes there was a coffee shop there at one time. I use to like going there to drink my coffee and read the Sunday paper.
    It was started by two gentlemen who had been laid off from a phone mfg in RTP. One guy left to become a day trader. The other owner took on another partner a woman who was laid off from the computer field. She eventually left to take a computer job out in the western part of the state. He eventually sold the business to a couple

I had the guy who owns the bakery call me and tell me I had inaccurate information about them but would not tell me what I had incorrect. He asked me to remove it. So I removed anything about them. Please DO NOT call my home number again! And I can assure you I have not and will not ever go to your bakery up on 70 in Clayton!

http://forums.4042.com/threads/cleveland-cake.31218/

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
  16. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

It's 10 cents off with your Sheetz Credit Card. And for the BJ's price, don't you need to be a member? Which costs like $65 a year or something?

17. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

I have been told the lowest personal membership is $50.00 per year.

18. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

It's only 3 cents off with your regular Sheetz customer card, if you use a Sheetz MC/Visa then its up to 8 cents off/per gallon. I just used my Sheetz card at 42/Amelia Ch Rd., at $2.25 and verified before I started to pump that the price changed to $2.22. I also just got an app via snail mail for their MC/Visa and the big tag was "up to 8 cents off per gallon" when you use it there for gas (5 cents for using their MC/Visa, and 3 more cents with your My Sheetz Card). It's at the bottom of this page from their website for the "My Sheetz Card"... https://www.sheetz.com/subpages/msc_howitworks.jsp . Here is there credit card comparison page that also lays that discount out. https://www.sheetz.com/subpages/cards.jsp . With reference to BJ's, you do need to be a member, and the annual membership for 2 household cards right now is $50. If you're only buying the membership for the gas, its probably not worth it by the time you go out of your way to get over there. We use the membership for other things that we get out membership money back on, and then some, so the gas discount is an added bonus when they are lower than the other stations.

19. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member

I don't think comparing gas station prices that are almost 7 miles apart is a fair comparison, regardless of membership cost.

Sheetz opening at 42/50 will DEFINITELY cause Lowe's Foods to bring their gas prices down.

20. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

I was wrong on the bid . It has now bid and a contractor has been picked. Permits are ready and work should start soon.