home owner's insurance Consent to Rate form

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by rincmom, Mar 14, 2015.

1. twisty

twisty Well-Known Member

Could someone please PM me PRM's contact info? We need to look into switching. Thanks.

2. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Check your messages.

:cheers:

3. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

We just had a discussion on this tonight with Senator Brent Jackson at a town hall meeting at the Clayton Center regarding this & similar insurance related issues that are currently being reviewed by our legislators. Feel free to let them know how you feel! I believe part of this is addressed in a bill Senator Jackson is co-sponsoring Bill 208. The NC Homeowners Alliance is a non-profit being spearheaded by our NC Association of Realtors to help homeowners fight such depressing policies! Feel free to sign up on their website to help have a voice in our capital! I hope this helps and you get a better resolution! PS PRM is excellent!

4. keemom

keemom Well-Known Member

Just got my letter from State Farm...can someone send me PRM's contact info also?

5. tukasiya

tukasiya Well-Known Member

It is my understanding, from more than one State Farm competitor, that State Farm is sending CTR forms to all of their customers. I guess that one of their actuaries concluded that there would be more fools who would consent to legal extortion(?) than there would be who would switch companies. Switch! You'll be glad you did. I saved quite a bit by going with Farm Bureau.

tassy likes this.
  6. claytonian

claytonian Well-Known Member

Okay, got home yesterday and in my box was State Farm's Conditional Offer to Renew with the Consent to Rate Form. My premium will be going up from $578 to $694, with a 7% increase over the NC Rate Bureau's premium rate. For those who have switched, which company did not whop you with a huge increase? Thank you in advance.

jesse82nc likes this.
  7. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

wont see this on their commercials

8. keemom

keemom Well-Known Member

Farm Bureau is costing me less on auto and home insurance without the consent to rate. Call PRM's office

9. tukasiya

Ditto on Farm Bureau.

10. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

11. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

12. PRM2

PRM2 Active Member

13. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I would love to, but I don't have it here at work or on my cell phone. It must be at home on my laptop. Sorry!

14. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

There's an office number on the webpage, is that not good? Who do we ask for there? PRM? lol

15. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Check your messages, I did have it on my home laptop.

16. cranky

cranky Well-Known Member

I heard from the Mrs. that our old State Farm agent called trying to get us back. Fat chance of that and as much as I can understand the position of the local agents, I wish it was me that answered that call. It REALLY got me mad that after a 20+ year relation they would pull that crap. I hope the person whose idea it was gets a tatste of what they are giving out.
    On second thought Farm Bureau might just pay their salary for a while, because they have been great for business!

17. PRM2

PRM2 Active Member

Hey cranky. I just pm'ed you.

18. PRM2

PRM2 Active Member

Thanks Tassy. I was out of town and couldn't figure out how to PM on the phone app.

tassy likes this.
  19. LZeitgeist

LZeitgeist New Member

Greetings -

Just bought a house in JoCo and loving life. I've been in the Garner area for 32 years, lived in different areas of Raleigh for the last 15 or so, and it feels like coming home again.

All of that said, I'm shopping for a new insurance company for our home and 4 vehicles and want to be wise and move to a company that will treat us as well (or better) for the next 50 years as State Farm/David Hunter has done for the previous 30. (Have received Consent to Rate letters, and with recent changes and such they are initiating, am ready to tell them to take a long walk off a short pier). David is doing his best to try to help but the changes are coming from over his head and there doesn't seem to be much he can do this time around - he's always been terrific and I will miss him.

So, how do I get in touch with PRM, who are they, where are they, and how do we get a quote?

Thanks for your help!

Auxie likes this.
  20. tukasiya

Yep, went through the same thing with State Farm/David Hunter back in the spring. I was a 30+ years customer. David's hands are tied. I was told that State Farm was sending the CTRs to all of their customers. I read somewhere that 40% of North Carolinians sign these things and agree to pay the increased rates. Change is hard for some people. I went with Farm Bureau and am saving about $40.00/month on auto and homeowner's. I was told that the insurance companies do not make money on the homeowner's, but make it on the auto insurance. For years, I was paying my homeowner's annually and my auto monthly. I was also told that the so called multi-policy discount applies to the auto, not the homeowner's. You will save the most on your auto if you will pay it for six months or more at a time and you will save a little on your homeowner's if you pay it for 12 months at a time. Farm Bureau will cost you a $25.00/year membership fee, but you should save more than that.

Also, I found out that the Commissioner of Insurance is not as good of a friend to consumers as you think. The official line was that he ordered a 0% overall increase in homeowner's rates last December. But, the reality is that they went down an average of 25% in the coastal areas, and went up an average of 25% well inland, including the mountain areas. Probably, a combination of politics (who owns the beach houses?, the poor do not) and the fact that the mountains are rather prone to flooding.

Auxie and LZeitgeist like this.