42/50

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by NCGIRL, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member

Daddy, where does Sheetz come from?

Well, son, when a community loves Sheetz food and gas prices, and when Sheetz loves that community back, the Sheetz company finds a swath of fertile land. Carefully, the company places a Cyberguard camera tower on that fertile land. The Cyberguard camera tower doesn't look like a Sheetz store, but all Sheetz stores start out as that tower. It watches over the many wonderful things that take place on that fertile land. And then about 9 months* after the Cyberguard is placed, suddenly you have a Sheetz!

*(hopefully nowhere near that long!)

[​IMG]

It looks like work will begin soon!

certdude and Hught like this.
  2. Judge Smails

Judge Smails Well-Known Member

Drove by today and it appears they were clearing the land.

3. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

4. certdude

certdude Well-Known Member

Agreed on the land clearing, but Ive not seen one of their cyberguard towers yet. Normally it is the first thing there. So im wondering if someone else bought it out.

5. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

According to GIS, Sheetz still owns both properties there. sheetz 42 50.PNG sheetz 42 50 - 2.PNG

6. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member

The cyberguard tower I posted above is an actual picture of the plot of land we're talking about. It's been there about a month now! It's on the NC50 side of the land, under a billboard.

7. certdude

certdude Well-Known Member

Ah that might be why I didnt see it the other day.

8. lawnboy

lawnboy Well-Known Member

Chikfila would snuff out any fast food competition within 5 miles if they'd buy the 4042 motors guy out and build a location there. I'll continue to use Shell Vpower because my car absolutely runs better on it, $2 a week doesn't really make it worth it to me, nor do some "app ordered" nasty hotdogs. Here's to more backups and no road widening at 42/50....thanks Sheetz

jlc007 likes this.
  9. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I'd love to see a coffee shop/used book store. Something with some Danish and used cd's and dvd's

jlc007 likes this.
  10. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

It will be hard to get in and out of there (new Sheetz) in the mornings. If you are on NC 50 Heading North, I'm sure you will have to turn left on 42 then into Sheetz. Then you will wait forever on traffic to get back onto 42 or 50.

11. jesse82nc

This would be my best guess on how access will be. I am trying to get ahold of the actual plans from JoCo which would clarify. But this would make the most sense.
    sheetz 42-50 driveways.png

Rockyv58 likes this.
  12. jesse82nc

Here are the actual plans. I was pretty close in my guess. They just have an additional entrance on 42. And they are not adding a right turn lane from NC-50 going south to turn on to NC-42 going West, but I think they should.

sheetz 42-50 driveways real plans.png

13. markfnc

that's what I figured. It will be nearly impossible in the morning, to turn left out of sheetz onto NC 42 east. IF you are coming from 50 heading north, of 42 heading east itll be real tough to get in or out in the morning.

14. markfnc

Not at 40/42 but Chipolte is coming to Smithfield. Never been , but I heard they are good.

CHIPOTLE MEXICAN GRILL NO. 2611
    Smithfield, NC (Johnston Co.) 120 S Equity Drive
    CONTRACTING METHOD: GC Bids (By Invitation Only)
    BIDS DUE:
    August 6, 2015 (To Owner)

OWNER: Chipotle Mexican Grill
    1401 Wynkoop St, Denver, CO 80202-1443
    (303)595-4000 FAX# (303)595-4014
    ARCHITECT: Red Architecture + Planning LLC
    855 Grandview Ave Ste 295, Columbus, OH, 43215
    (614)487-8770 FAX# (614)487-8777
    SIZE: Renovation, 2,451 SF, one story

scomkto likes this.
  15. markfnc

I was hoping they would have a car wash like McGee's.

16. markfnc

I will be interested on what goes in their other lot.

17. scomkto

scomkto Active Member

A Chipotle in Smithfield??? I can hardly believe it!!! This has made my day:)

18. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

They simply DO NOT require them to do enough! That right hand turn you mention is 100% necessary and might as well be done while they have it torn up. No one looks ahead at these things.

jlc007 likes this.
  19. markfnc

That entire intersection needs to have a right turn lane, left turn lane, and a straight lane from all 4 directions.
    People on here always wish for various retail, I just want roads. 42 should be 4 lanes from 50 to Clayton. Go ahead and finish 540 all the way around even if its toll road.

jlc007 and jesse82nc like this.
  20. jesse82nc

I agree, but I think part of the reason is that utility poles are in the way. It would require Duke to come out and install new poles and wires, or bury them. That would be quite a bit of work which I do not think they are prepared for. The poles currently are close to the road on all 4 corners. And the corner by Sheetz has 4 poles to deal with.

upload_2015-7-28_10-17-54.png