City BBQ is now open, with grand opening on June 27th

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by sirputz, Jun 16, 2015.

1. molly2008

molly2008 Well-Known Member

We tried them out last night, food was very good, although a tad spendy. We will be going back. We got the sampler platter to share among 3 of us and it was more than we could eat. I hope they can maintain the quality once the initial "new" wears off. I wasn't crazy about ordering at the counter instead of table service, but no biggie.

[​IMG]

2. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

Why was your food in to go containers? someone goofed. (Deluxe Sampler pictured above)

And as far as a "Server", no. We don't have set roles as of yet, we're trying to cross train as much as we can. But I have been everywhere visible. The last two nights I've been in and out of the dining room, as well as Expo (where they hand you your food)

I haven't had the ribs yet, and I've heard a few people call them chewy, tough, etc. I'm determined to try them to find out for myself, but we've sold out every night this week.

I'm the tall white guy with a short goatee (just shaved it last week) and I wear a black hat not the visor. I'm usually running everywhere.

Hope to see some of you and I'll ask about Taste of Cleveland!

jlc007 and kaci like this.
  3. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

The food was not good. It was OUTSTANDING. C6 and I came in, sampled the brisket, and knew immediately that we were going to become frequent diners. The brisket is the best I've ever eaten in NC, and in all probability, the best ever. Greenbeans with bacon rocked. Cole slaw good. Price fair...all around value...OH MYYYYYY!. to quote Uncle George. Best of luck to you folks, as I believe you're gonna run a couple of places away.

tassy likes this.
  4. molly2008

molly2008 Well-Known Member

I don't know why the sides were in those containers. We upsized them from the standard size because our teenage son (read HUNGRY) was eating with us, maybe that's why? The ribs were just about perfect. They aren't supposed to fall off the bone, they are supposed to be slighty "toothy" according to the BBQ forums my husband frequents for the Big Green Egg grill/smoker we use at home. If they are falling off, they are over done.

5. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

We dined there last evening with friends. Brisket was delicious. Ribs not. Had nothing to do with not falling off the bone. Just better ribs elsewhere. We will return for the brisket. "George" was working counter getting orders coordinated. Limited inside seating. As new wears off probably will be adequate. We noticed a family standing waiting for a table so we cut our visiting short and offered out table to them.

6. sirputz

Well thank you for offering the seats, yes table space is limited, i think if there were more room, we would nevr stop. Of course, once longhorn, five guys, starbucks, and the other restaurant opens up, the people will spread out. Im sure we'll stay busy, just not crowded like we are now.

Today was grand opening, line was out the door from 11am till 8pm non stop

kaci likes this.
  7. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Sirputz, pm me and i can give you the details on Taste of Cleveland or just email me at KCsConvertapurses@gmail.com and i will send you the letter that went out to the vendors with details so you can share with the owners.

8. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

had the ribs last night and thought they were quite tasty

jlc007 and sirputz like this.
  9. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

We ate at the one in Cary, last spring. Glad to see they made it out our way, we really need other choices beside the sports bars. We liked the food and there was something for everyone. Now if we could just convince Sam to open up another "The Pig" in Johnston County where he smokes his hams, we would be sooooo happy. We still feel the best brisket was from Holy Smokes, sad day when they closed.

10. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

A friend and I had lunch at City BBQ today. I ordered the "cowbell" brisket sandwich. There was no onions/peppers on sandwich. Sent it back. When they returned they advised they gave me the wrong order. Someone else had ordered the peppers/onions on the side. Hello! The order I received had no peppers/onions anywhere including on the side. My friend's french fries were delivered as he took last bite of his sandwich.

11. sirputz

I apologize for that.
    We can't always be perfect, but we do try. Next time you come in, ask for me. If I'm not there talk to a manager and tell them about your experience. If I'm there, I'll gladly pay for a cowbell for you with a drink. And have the peppers and onions on it.
    Also, if the fryers get slammed with orders, they will get backed up. Not excusing the fact that your friends fries came out late, just explaining that we try to be fair and go in order. Our fries are cooked to order and don't sit under a heat lamp like most restaurants. They take only a few minutes to cook, and the portion is pretty large in my eyes.
    I hope your next experience exceeds your last and sets the standard where it should be.

12. sirputz

Never got an email from you....

13. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Dinner tonight was outstanding! That brisket is heavenly. C6 tried the Cowbell, prefers it without the veggies. All in all, so glad you folks are there and we chose CBQ for dinner. I did ask for ya. Gentleman said you were off.

14. cvfdcaptain

cvfdcaptain Well-Known Member

not impressed at all. Ill stick with charlies for my texas style BBQ, and make the drive to Wilson for Parkers eastern style NC BBQ

rntobe likes this.
  15. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Sorry, must have screwed up you email address, will get it to you tomorrow, thanks!

16. sirputz

Wow...first time since we opened there isn't a wait. Great day to eat barbecue. Patio is open, breeze blowing, beer cold. And brisket and Turkey are delicious. Come on out today and see me in the dining room.

George

jlc007 likes this.
  17. jlc007

jlc007 Well-Known Member

Sir Putz,
    We'll come see you for lunch today!

18. jlc007

jlc007 Well-Known Member

We had the brisket lunch combo with gumbo, mac and cheese and cole slaw and it was the best brisket I've ever tasted! Definitely will be back...sorry to have missed you George :-(

19. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

Zaxby's coming to White Oak. On same corner as Red Robin.

20. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I saw last week that they are starting to prep the land where Zazby's and Red Robin are suppose to go