Rumor Mill - New Food Lion Shopping Center

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Harvey, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

My sources are good. Still might not happen, but rumor is solid.

2. Hotwire

Hotwire Well-Known Member

Bren likes this.
  3. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

WOW!!!! Guess they want to cash in on some of that business that Sandhu (Cleveland Emporium) is making!!! Can't blame them!!! Land is worth nothing until you sell it and have the money in your hand :)

4. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

They have about 70 acres total there owned by the same person.

upload_2015-8-8_12-59-4.png

5. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Is it all owned by the Wells Family or Mike Allen's family?

6. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Didn't you see Jesse's post ?

7. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

I saw the zoning sign on McLemore Road for the property to be rezoned.......... Is 14.5 acres enough for a Food Lion and parking ?

8. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

If you click on the image it will enlarge enough to read the owners.

Denton Lee Jr.

jesse82nc and Rockyv58 like this.
  9. Rockyv58

Thanks. When I opened it earlier I didn't look at the index on the left side. It was off my monitor.

Wayne Stollings likes this.
  10. clrracer

clrracer Member

Yes 14.5 acres is plenty adequate to hold a shopping center.

As for the comments on how close it is to another, a lot of people said the same thing when the store on 42 opened in Clayton, then again when the Riverwood store opened. Now both stores are busier than the original Clayton store. The store at 40/42 has been one of the busiest Food Lions in the area for a very long time, even after the Walmart and Lowes opened. With the growth in the area and more on the way I could easily see Food Lion trying to split the area to make the 40/42 store less busy, especially given their new emphasis on customer service.

Duane

11. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

What does that do to property values in the area?

Hught likes this.
  12. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

I am sure it increases property value!!! Otherwise, why would the Lee's want to devalue their houses!! I am all for the Food Lion, I could practically walk there!!!

13. Bucky

Bucky Active Member

On second thought, taking into consideration the new Cleveland Middle School being built and the 352 single family/townhome complex being built behind Cleveland elementary, it makes much more sense that Food Lion would step in and try and capture the market!

14. Wraunch

Wraunch Well-Known Member

Where is the new middle school going?

15. jesse82nc

upload_2015-8-10_12-29-25.png

16. Rockyv58

Jesse82NC. you are great at finding the property stuff. I have a question that you may be able to answer. I had heard years ago they were going to extend Guy road and end it at business 70 right where 42 east bumps in to 70. Have you heard anything about that? Thanks

jesse82nc likes this.
  17. jesse82nc

I have heard that in the past, and there's an article about it but I can't find it right now. I think it was a "want" but not a need and had no budget for the next 5 year at least. My guess is that it would continue on the West side of the Clayton building at Guy road and connect to Dairy Road (Red line), this is owned by the town already. There is already a part of the road set aside through a new neighborhood (yellow line). Then the green lines are best guesses, all of that is private land today, so who knows where it will actually go. And it may never actually happen.

new 42 west.jpg

Rockyv58 likes this.
  18. jesse82nc

Was able to dig this up. It's called the "Southern Connector". The only part I got wrong was the red line, they would build a new road on the east side of the town building instead.

image001.png

Rockyv58 likes this.
  19. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

If they do build a Food Lion, where is Sandhu gonna sell the 65 degree chicken, brown steaks marked quick sale, and the hot dogs that have had the white funk rinsed off and re-packaged. His toilet paper sales will probably drop.

poppin cork likes this.
  20. sandyblee224

sandyblee224 New Member

Please NOT Food Lion! Publix would be a great addition and alternative around here.

rntobe and Rockyv58 like this.