Significant Traffic Delays on NC Hwy 42 West

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by barney726, Aug 14, 2015.

1. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

I received a email from Johnston County.today Web master advising "Significant Traffic Delays on NC Hwy 42 West" between business US 70 and US 70 bypass. Anyone driven this stretch today? Where is the actual construction.

2. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I did try to drive it yesterday but turned around and went around via amelia church road. I had gotten off business 70 to hwy 42 west and the traffic was stopped. Sat there for close to 12 minutes. I went and made the left turn and got back around to business 70 west and then turned on to amelia church road. Traffic was backed up onto 70 both ways

3. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

RALEIGH — The N.C. Department of Transportation today closed one lane of N.C. 42 to allow crews to begin a resurfacing project on a 2.6 mile-long section of the road between U.S. 70 Business and the U.S. 70 Bypass in Clayton.

Lane closures will be in place along this two-lane section of N.C. 42 from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, as well as on Saturday with no specific time restrictions. The project is scheduled to be complete by no later than the end of next week, weather permitting.

The project will involve milling out the existing pavement and replacing it with fresh asphalt. This work is part of NCDOT’s yearly resurfacing for roadway preservation. Pavement preservation is like changing the oil in your car, as basic maintenance can help avoid more expensive repairs later. It is important to make minor improvements to good roads regularly because it delays major road repairs that are much more costly, time-consuming and disruptive to motorists.

The exact location of the lane closure will change as crews make their way down N.C. 42. Pilot cars will direct traffic through the closure at the location where they are repaving.

While the road will be open to traffic, motorists are advised to seek alternate routes.

Motorists are advised to use caution while traveling in the area and to expect delays. NCDOT reminds motorists to watch signs for construction information, stay alert and obey the posted speed limit.

For real-time travel information at any time, call 511, visit the Traveler Services section of the NCDOT website or follow NCDOT on Twitter. You can also access NCDOT Mobile, a version of the NCDOT website especially for mobile devices. Visit m.ncdot.gov from your mobile browser.

https://apps.ncdot.gov/newsreleases/details.aspx?r=11538

4. barney726

thanks rocky. that helps.
    and to sherry, i knew all that.
    i posted; "Significant Traffic Delays on NC Hwy 42 West" between business US 70 and US 70 bypass. Anyone driven this stretch today? Where is the actual construction."
    trying to figure out exact location of construction. carry on.

5. Sherry A.

And my post stated "THE EXACT LOCATION OF THE LANE CLOSURE WILL CHANGE AS CREW MAKE THEIR WAY DOWN N.C. 42".

Just trying to help, I could have just moved along and not tried to. Maybe I will in the future with you, carry on.

Sherry

6. barney726

"carry what"?. i have no mobile device. just a old computer at home. looking for today's location. i need to drive to clayton later this morning and depending on the current location i could try to avoid the delay. if you are my "darling" you would drive out these and help me out. LOL

Sherry A. likes this.
  7. Sherry A.

I cannot help that you have no mobile device and just an old computer at home because you are a tight-wad. lol I'd drive out there just for you "darling", but I am afraid my boss might get a little upset that I am gone so long.

Sherry

8. barney726

"darling" reminds me when cracker barrel waitress called me darling. my so slapped me and it took me a week to get back in the house. so accused me of having an affair with pretty thing at cb. she don't like no other woman calling me darling. i am headed to 42 to sit in traffic. talk at you later.

Hught likes this.