Sheetz at 42W and Business 70 in Clayton

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by jesse82nc, Jun 24, 2014.

1. PoohBear

PoohBear Well-Known Member

$2,000,000. Better have big bag!

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Yep, most get the same gasoline from the same terminal, typically the only difference is that the tanker may have a few gallons have an additive(s) added to it to meet that particular brands requirements.

3. AngieS

AngieS Member

Imo the animosity comes from plopping a 24/7/365 convenience store in the middle of a neighborhood full of people when there's one just over a mile away and two other gas stations less than a quarter of a mile from the new Sheetz site.

4. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

You bought an acre baby. Not the community. I'm just curious. If folks can live in a subdivision with the neighbors so close you can't pee in the back yard; what difference does the convenience store make?

5. AngieS

AngieS Member

Personally I prefer to use a bathroom indoors but I'm not sure what that has to do with anything.

The influx of traffic to an otherwise quiet, small s/d has and always will be my gripe. The lights, music, trash, etc associated with an establishment that never closes- nevermind the smell of gas- would be a turn off for anyone in close proximity and kills any potential for residential resale. But since it isn't your front yard or your life that gets impacted or you nit being able to get to the stoplight because they're backing equipment trailers onto their lot, I can see how it doesn't impact you. I just think if anything was going to go there, there could've been better uses for the land. It's not like Sheetz sought it out anyway.

6. poppin cork

I see over reaction, but thanks for the opinion.

7. AngieS

AngieS Member

Agree to disagree since you can't even begin to relate, nor understand. No surprise there.

Sherry A. likes this.
  8. poppin cork

You don't have a clue what I can relate to or understand you mouthy so and so. As far as you know I live next door to you. So you know Sheetz didn't seek out that location, how?

9. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

If you bought a house right next to a state highway and didn't expect growth to happen, you are the one that has the problem. State Highways will inevitably have commercial construction. If you wanted to live in the country forever, you need to live off a little two lane road far from the highway.

10. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Yes, they bought there. In the 1960's when things were a bit different including planning and zoning practices. I don't think the Realtor threw in a crystal ball at closing. If they bought more recently, then I would say "buyer beware".

All things being equal, you rarely hear any local government say 'No' anymore. Sometimes it just isn't a good idea. It's not like that intersection isn't already a zoo.

11. AngieS

AngieS Member

Because I know my neighbors well enough to know that they don't say things like "mouthy so and so" lmao and everyone that does live around the lot knows exactly how that deal went down.

12. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

please explain. did someone twist sheetz's arm?

13. poppin cork

Yes please tell us what all the folks that live around the lot know. LOL

14. AngieS

AngieS Member

I didn't buy yesterday, it was close to 10 years ago and these houses have been around since the 60s and 70s. But I guess it was naive to think they'd ultimately rip up 40 some homes for a gas station and MORE apartments. Point taken :)

15. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Where are these 40 some homes you say they ripped up? I count maybe 2 or 3.

Before:
    upload_2015-9-14_19-29-4.png

After:
    after.PNG

16. AngieS

AngieS Member

Wrong intersection bro. As noted on your OP, the towns announcement should've been for 42E. Your overhead is 42w.

Sheetz took out 5 homes. With regards to the others I was referring to the towns updated growth plan revealed a few weeks ago. Sorry that wasn't clear- not that Sheetz would tear them up but that with the incoming of Sheetz now developers are looking at the land with these homes and residents to uproot and turn over into new property. Thank you for giving me the chance to clarify.

17. poppin cork

You project Sheetz will tear up 40 homes? Please explain further.

18. AngieS

AngieS Member

See above. It would stand to reason without the zoning change they petitioned for and the incoming business, it would be significantly less likely other developers would seek out homes to tear up. But since the petition was approved, that has not been the case and developers have been eyeing the rest of the area. I don't have a crystal ball so I can't say that wouldn't have eventually happened, but this sure fast tracked it.

19. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

i'd just buy all of it. then i could start a unicorn farm and everyone could come visit for free.

poppin cork and AngieS like this.
  20. AngieS

AngieS Member

Fantastic idea :cool: