Commercials you hate

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Jan 30, 2015.

1. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

enough of a thought to know your intentions and context of said commercial you referenced..
    You really are a stand up and honorable guy.. really for sure. I'm sure I'm not the only one that sees it.
    Have a good evening Bo , sleep well ,,,

LOL. I have a couple that likes my sarcasm.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
    Sherry A., Wayne Stollings and Hught like this.
  2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

3. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I stopped going to Hardees/Carl's Jr. after the sexist ads. I, also, noticed dear ole' Flo in your link, Hugh. lol

The new Ad I cannot stand is the lottery one with the bunny rabbit. I missed the last second of it the first time and actually thought the rabbit was in the stew and thought....wth. I still think wth now that I've seen the rabbit at the end.

Sherry

4. elims

elims Well-Known Member

My latest 'Argh! Shut up!' commercial. - Flonase allergy nasal spray. When they keep saying "...and six is greater than one!"

6 > 1 ? Really ?? Wow, my eyes have been opened! I'll run out and buy your product!

BobF likes this.
  5. elims

elims Well-Known Member

And since I've had too much coffee, let me tell you another advertising pet peeve of mine. Stars endorsing products in commercials. Stars that advertising companies just assume you'll know. Is it a sports hero? Singer? Actor? Politician? I'm quite often left thinking "That person looks vaguely familiar ... am I supposed to know who that is?" I wish they'd flash a name, or say who they are.

6. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

how bout the beef jerky commercial with the catch phrase "you get out what you put in"

7. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Thinking about that, I always think of this one that I see on FB all the time

2efb4322a77e5eb3ee85dac088fb374a.jpg

8. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

James Scott Farrin on the hurtline, with a TV Judge or ancient Robert Vaughn to stump for him.

michelle, elims and Hught like this.
  9. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

By their nature, having to occasionally teach Statistics Workshops, I hate any and all Lottery Commercials.

Regarding Flo, as I said, different strokes for different folks! :cool:

Wayne Stollings and Sherry A. like this.
  10. Wayne Stollings

Lottery, the tax on those who do not understand math well.

(Actually, I play every now and again when the total get high enough to make it an entertainment expense.)

11. BobF

BobF Well-Known Member

Should anyone REALLY trust any medical advice given to them by Larry the Cable Guy?

12. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I find the guy who does the Century Link\true cars commercials has the most boring monotone voice ever.

13. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Obviously you never heard my High School Geometry teacher!

Rockyv58 likes this.
  14. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

The Travelocity commercials with the unshaven and unkempt guy on them. Just because he looks unkempt I am afraid of the hotels he pitches because I think they will be sleazy.

Sherry

15. Wayne Stollings

Bueller?
    Bueller?
    Bueller?

16. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I believe they pitch all hotels, so I would not let him stop you.

Sherry A. likes this.
  17. sacosta

sacosta Well-Known Member

I hate the Michael and Son commercials that they play one after the other every morning on WNCN.

J33PG1RL likes this.
  18. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I WISH I had their advertising budget. They are everywhere and radio and TV in this market is incredibly expensive.

19. scbuff

scbuff Well-Known Member

I hate watching multiple FanDuel commericals during the times I watch football on Sunday

20. BobF

BobF Well-Known Member

They saturate the morning airwaves up here in the Richmond area as well.

I thought they were local, I had no idea they were in NC as well.