golden corral closed

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Kdog, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Kdog

Kdog Well-Known Member

I heard GC at 4042 is closed for good. Is this true?

2. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Damn. That sucks.

3. cvfdcaptain

cvfdcaptain Well-Known Member

Its true, sign on the doors and all.

4. mingomama

mingomama Well-Known Member

That's sad. I wasn't much of a fan, but my kids loved going there. I wonder why they closed.

5. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

10 years ago you had long, long lines after church. both side of checkout open etc. last few times only 1 line open, walked right in, plenty of empty tables. There is a lot more competition in the area since it opened. last few years seemed real expensive to go there. I'd guess slow business is why they closed.

6. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

They had a ton of coupons in the last month for that location only, basically half price.

7. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

It appears to have been sold april 13, 2015

8. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

We used to take the kids when they were young and had no patience . The last few times we went, it cost close to $50 for our family. And food was cold and/or disgusting. We haven't been in more than a year. Kids didn't even like it anymore

9. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

10. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

aaaaaaannnnnnnddddddd....cue the Mexican restaurant.

11. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Or as we have discovered in Fayetteville, bad Chinese

12. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

We stopped going years ago because the food was nasty and there were always kids up at the bars with their hands in the food. Ewww!

Kelyel, Rockyv58, Hught and 1 other person like this.
  13. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

Amen Michelle. I would not eat there and the community will be better now that it's closed.

Kelyel, Rockyv58 and Hught like this.
  14. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I remember one time being there with a friend and some kid was skating back and forth on their heelies. I was so tempted to stick my leg out and trip the brat. But good sense won out

15. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

good decision.

16. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

LOL

17. NJ2NC

NJ2NC Well-Known Member

Why???? Very good decision...

Rockyv58 likes this.
  18. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I always hated going to Golden Corral and seeing unruly kids just wondering or running around. Then again I don't like seeing unruly kids anywhere. Though in my mind I pretend I stick my leg out and watch the kid fall in slow motion. But than that is my twisted sense of humor.

Their food has never been that good and overpriced. I do like the new Golden Corral over on the corner of South Saunders and Tryon road in Garner. And the few times I have been to that one the kids have been well behaved.

I blame the parents

19. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I'd have done it... anything with wheels belongs in a parking lot, not a restaurant (with the exception of wheelchairs, walkers, etc... that actually aid an individual in getting around). We hadn't been to that Golden Corral in several years, my in-laws liked to go, but they like the newer ones in F-V and Raleigh better. It's not our favorite choice by any means, but we'll go if it's their choice.

Rockyv58 likes this.
  20. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

I'd rather eat my arm off than go to a "buffet" type restaurant. though I do eat some pizza buffet at Venero's to me that's not a real buffet. The places like McCall's and GC suck

Rockyv58 likes this.