Commercials you hate

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Micheal and Son is franchised but set up to appear to be just another local company, but better.

Michael & Son Services plumbing franchise has been family-owned business since 1976. It offers plumbing services as well as other services like: electrical, HVAC, and Duct Cleaning. With this plumbing franchise individuals have the opportunity to invest in one or all four home services opportunities. The corporate office provides a national call and dispatch service as a part of the royalty fee. In addition they also offer franchisees up to $25,000 in matching funds for marketing programs.

• Total Investment – $77,125 – $468,750
    • Initial Plumbing Franchise Fee $ 20,000 – $100,000
    • Ongoing Royalty Fee – 10%
    • Term of Agreement – 10 years, renewable
    http://www.growplumbing.com/2013/01/25/5-best-plumbing-franchises-to-own/#sthash.xZgcYNsV.dpuf

2. J33PG1RL

J33PG1RL New Member

Michael and Son's jingle drives me crazy. I hear it at least 2 times every morning and the Bankruptcy Lawyer, I forget his name, but I love how he wants you to believe that filing for bankruptcy will make your bills go away. Really?

3. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

John C Orcutt?

4. J33PG1RL

J33PG1RL New Member

Yes!! That's it.

5. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

As much as I hate all Lawyer commercials I actually had to use him about 9 years ago.

6. Rockyv58

The guy who does the mesothelioma commercial. His voice is so freakin' annoying

7. Rockyv58

ALL lawyers commercials. They all need to be removed.

"Get Over It":
    The more I think about it, Old Billy was right
    Let's kill all the lawyers, kill 'em tonight

8. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Oh,,, wow.

9. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Keep in mind some old friends like KDsGrandma are lawyers

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  10. Rockyv58

Think maybe I went to far with the Eagles lyrics?

Was just busting on the 'TV' commercial lawyers. I apologize if I went to far

11. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I understand, and I have made that comment in the past myself, before I found that some of them are really human beings! :D

12. Rockyv58

a current commercial I hate is for Big Lots, where the woman sings "I went crazy in a good way" I work with the mentally ill, and I would like to know how is there a good way to go crazy!

just a beef I have

13. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Lighten up,,, this is one of the issues we deal with these days. Everybody is always so easily offended and sensitive these days. Life is way to short to be offended over stuff such as this.

Auxie and Rockyv58 like this.
  14. BobF

BobF Well-Known Member

It's better than the one Big Lots had last year, where an obnoxious woman sings "Christmas doesn't happen without me".

It would have been even better without her, IMHO.

15. Rockyv58

Total Wireless. I hate when they or any other commercial uses the term total bosses or total boss or just the word boss

Auxie likes this.
  16. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Anything Taco Bell or KFC. WTH hell is melty cheese? Do they think a natural property of cheese is suppose to impress anyone? Heat melts cheese. And the KFC commercials insult a normal person's intelligence. How many big, burly construction workers really get filled up on a pathetic $5 value lunch?

Truth in advertising no longer, if ever.

17. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

FYI, they now have cheese that doesn't need heat to be fluid, as in melted.

Rockyv58 likes this.
  18. Rockyv58

This may not be so much commercial related but on sports casts and other places when they call a person a "phenom" instead of a phenomenal person or player.

19. Rockyv58

Also the JG Wentworth commercial with the boy band. Gawd I want to smack the sh** out of the one wearing the tennis visor upside down and sideways

Auxie likes this.
  20. BobF

BobF Well-Known Member

Two things I hate...

1. Radio ads that use either a car horn or an ambulance siren to "get your attention". If you're behind the wheel, it is more than just distracting...it's dangerous.

2. TV ads that use a doorbell. If you're in another room and hear it, you could very well end up answering a door with nobody there (and by "you", I mean "me") I don't care what they are selling, if they use a doorbell sound in their ad, I won't buy it!