BCBS of NC

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Tardevil, Oct 16, 2015.

1. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Just move along.

2. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Since poppin asked Webbie to move the Pope Thread, surely he's going to do the same with this one, especially since you believe this topic's root cause is political. Are one of the two of you going to ask Webbie?

Sherry

3. BuzzMyMonkey

Shoo,, go.

4. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

Guess sherry.

5. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

So......anyways......

It seems as though it may be cheaper to move my loved ones to my work plan. That is, because it can be deducted before taxes. The premium is even higher than the BCBS hike, but it will reduce my taxable income so much that I save a good bit. However, I need to run this by a decent accountant. Anyone use someone local who can walk me through some of this?

6. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

It looks like they are not giving as many options across the board. None of the plans they recommend included our docs. There are some in Clayton though who accept the Blue Value. I even looked at the Gold plans and it was the same. I am grateful that we can get the health insurance, however, through the Healthcare.gov, it is very obvious that it is moving towards socialized medicine. If you sign up through them, you definitely have fewer choices. Not complaining here because we'd be up the creek without it. I figure that we will just have to change doctors and live with it for now unless our situation changess.

7. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Double standard? I don't believe either this one or the one I started should be/have been moved, but you wanted it with one, so how about it......going to be consistent?

Sherry

8. BuzzMyMonkey

Just quit worrying yourself and getting all worked up over something as such.
    Grab yourself a couple sips of wine or tequila and have yourself a splendid evening.
    Life is to short for this..
    Have a wonderful night.

9. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Stop feeding the trolls.

10. poppin cork

Take a guess Sherry.

11. poppin cork

Stop eating.

12. BuzzMyMonkey

Don't eat

13. BuzzMyMonkey

Lol you were a fraction of a click quicker.

poppin cork likes this.
  14. jlc007

jlc007 Well-Known Member

Here's the info for our accountant ... Great guy, really knows his stuff and is surprisingly affordable :)

http://www.patscpa.com/contact-raleigh-accountant.html

15. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

roygolf and jlc007 like this.