What Happened to Griff's?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by LJN, Nov 16, 2015.

1. LJN

LJN Well-Known Member

Friend of mine dropped off a generator there and could never get anyone on the phone to discuss it. He just rode by there and it is closed/empty. ??? And his generator is no where to be found.

2. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Headed to the islands. There was an auction there recently

3. WadeCorbett

WadeCorbett Well-Known Member

There was a live auction there this past Thursday.

"
    DETAILS:
    The JP Team has been called upon to sell the entire contents of Griff's Small Engine Repair Shop. Items will include lawn mowers, weed eaters, blowers, and all the parts to service lawn care equipment. We will also be selling a Ford Ranger pickup truck, trailer, and much much more. Keep a eye on the website for itemized property catalog and pictures. The real estate will be auctioned as well, selling subject to seller confirmation. It has been a small engine repair shop for over 20 years. The building is approximately 3,000 sq feet.
    "

http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/auctionview.cgi?lid=2601950&kwd=&zip=27520&category=30736

4. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

How long ago. He hasn't taken in new work in weeks from what I understand.

5. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

6. LJN

LJN Well-Known Member

He got in touch with the new owner and got his generator back. Whew!

jlc007 and bosoxfan like this.
  7. Who is the new owner? Are they going to re-open a small engine shop?

8. Wraunch

Wraunch Well-Known Member

I had a mower there a few months ago and supposedly he had a buyer lined up that was working on the financing. I guess that fell through. I think he moved to Belize maybe.

9. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Their sign on Cleveland Rd. says they're looking for an experienced repair person.