What businesses you would like to see in White Oak/Garner?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by GarnerBiz.com, Jul 15, 2015.

1. mema2010

mema2010 New Member

I agree

2. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Sweet Tomatoes

3. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

I'd like a decent weekend breakfast place - someplace fun like you'd go to at the beach. Not a Dennys/IHOP/Waffle House/Cracker Barrel kind of place. The diner in Clayton is always crowded (and I hate sitting on the right side and being able to see right into the bathrooms). I enjoy Big Steve's, but it's a little out of the way from Clayton.

OK so honestly I'm not sure what I want - just something different right here near home.

4. 42Local

42Local Well-Known Member

I'd like some more traffic lights installed to ensure better traffic flow. This weekend it was insane, simply because you couldn't get in or out.

5. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

big ed's in raleigh is a easy commute on weekends and is a destination for breakfast. courteous & efficient wait staff, best grits in the triangle and reasonably priced.

6. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

There's always going to be a ton of traffic around Christmas, no matter what you do to try to fix it. Plus there are already plenty of traffic lights at White Oak, where would you like to see more?

white oak.jpg

BuzzMyMonkey likes this.
  7. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

there has to be a way to get traffic out the back of white oak. off timber drive. for example, look at photo. vacant land between bj's and theatre. getting traffic to loop off i-40 headed to clayton would be a start and no bridge, etc. may be environamental issues i am not aware of. 6 mussels, etc. lol

8. jesse82nc

The vacant land you speak of is land that is waiting for a tenant to lease. There's a proposed 3 or 4 more buildings to be built over there.

The plan has always been to connect Timber to Greenfield Parkway at the back of White Oak so you can loop around back to 70, with a bridge going over I40. That is probably like a $5M project at least.

I believe there was also a plan to improve Salt Hill Road from White Oak Road to Timber by the new apartments. But the residents on Salt Hill obviously don't want that. It's probably only a matter of time before they sell out to developers.
    Capture.GIF

9. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

missing at least 1 traffic light coming off of 40 east bound onto 70

10. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

I had ENT appointment at White Oak this afternoon. If you can avoid this area I highly recommend you do just that. Christmas shoppers galore. LOL

11. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

This would be great: http://www.brigs.com/locations/durham/

Sherry

poppin cork likes this.
  12. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

13. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

14. Wayne Stollings

A vote for the McDonalds value menu?

15. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Nope not at all.

16. Sherry A.

It's very good and everyone gets a huge portion. I believe it is well worth the price.

Sherry

17. Wayne Stollings

18. Sherry A.

Thanks so much. I am tired of Guglhupf's and have been going Brigs, but Brigs is always so packed.

Sherry

19. jesse82nc

I did also recently find this document showing the connection of Greenfield to Timber. But most of what I could find shows that they plan to build it sometime between 2015 and 2025.

upload_2015-12-22_9-2-43.png

Rockyv58 likes this.
  20. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Thanks. It looks like Timber drive splits and goes up to Jones Sausage Road. I see Vandora Springs gets extended to 401. I did not know that. I wonder which route that is for I-540