Centurylink internet and tv

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by robbie, Jan 6, 2016.

1. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Is Centurylink internet and also tv better than TWC??? Maybe want to switch but was looking for the positive and negative..............Thank You :)

Webmaster likes this.
  2. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

I'll second that question - got a flyer from CenturyLink saying they are offering service to my location now - like Robbie, I would be interested in hearing any feedback on their service. Thanks!

3. Johnpaul

Johnpaul Member

Centurylink internet is really decent, we use it for netflix all the time and there is hardly any loading times, as for the tv, we use to have the prisim service before we cut the cord. The tv service was great, but we just did not like paying for channels that was repeated, you have standard and HD channels. also we mainly just watched 2 or3 certain channels. over all i would give it 3.5 to 4 out of 5

4. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

This is what it says is available for me. 3 Mbps for $34.95, haha. Currently I pay $65 with taxes and fees for 200 Mbps including basic cable with TWC. And I stream Netflix and Hulu for at least 3-4 hours every day.
    upload_2016-1-7_8-56-0.png

5. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

My century link dsl took 3 to 3.5 days to download halo5 on an xbox1 (60 GB). I,m running wifi on the xbox. netflix runs fine.

6. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

I had Centurylink for 6 months about three years ago. Very bad experience from a service perspective. Horrible, in fact. Everyone's experience will be different, but I dealt with improper installation(s), missed appointments, incorrect billing, failure to fulfill promised incentives, poor product (bad signals), etc. Like I said it was horrible.

poppin cork likes this.
  7. todill

todill Member

It has not changed, I have been dealing with it for the past two weeks. Missed appointments etc. Have costed me two vacation days and countless hours of frustration. That being said, the actual system is very good. I enjoy the TV and internet quality. The billing is very deceptive and I have had numerous confrontations with them over my bill, but have always ended with satisfaction. You just have to watch them like a hawk, document every conversation and be willing to complain and fight for every cent they promise.
    To be honest I was 2 seconds from having them rip every wire out of my house Tuesday, but now have decided to keep them. A true love hate relationship. When ever you deal with them, always go directly to the customer retention person. They are the only ones that get results.

tassy likes this.
  8. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Were you humming " .... a three hour tour" the whole time?

9. Bluewillow

Bluewillow Well-Known Member

Lately, I frequently see ATT Uverse trucks tooling up and down 42, stopped at Sheetz and along White Oak road. My heart jumps at the thought of another provider. Has anyone heard of anything besides Centurylink or TWC providing service here? Oh, the stories I could tell about my experience with TWC! Thanks for any help! Sheila

10. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

of course not, it was a 3 day tour. I won't get the kids another game without a disk.

11. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Hhmmm.......... Not sure if it is swaying me yet............ Guess I will stick with the TWC for the moment.............

12. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

I guess I have been lucky. I've had TWC for over 7 years, no issues. I always get more than what I pay for. Typically I test around 210-220 down and 21-23 up. I pay for 200/20.

13. certdude

certdude Well-Known Member

ATT laid fiber recently all down White Oak to at least 42 from Garner/Timber area. I wouldnt be surprised to see their Gigapower service offered soon in some of the newer neighborhoods there. I know they are offering it also soon in Adams Point subdivision on Old Drug Store Rd. That said, their pricing and policies are very bad (caps, throttling, price and contract issues) from what Ive heard from coworkers that have it, so it may not quite be worth it.

Romeo likes this.
  14. Bucky

Bucky Active Member

Directv is now owned by ATT and all their trucks are being rebadged as such. Could be another reason why you are seeing more of their vehicles on the road.
    Directv is now owned by ATT and all their trucks are being rebadged as such. Could be another reason why you are seeing more of their vehicles on the road.

Personally over the years I have used either Directv or Dish for my TV providers. Would NEVER EVER consider going back to TWC for TV. On the other hand I have used TWC as my internet provider, via EarthLink, for many years and been very happy with them.

Romeo likes this.
  15. Bluewillow

Bluewillow Well-Known Member

Oh, mystery solved... TWC has been our internet provider for many years with few problems, but the last year or so has not been so good. I would like an alternative to TWC but I guess that's not possible now. Thanks for the info!